too much affection

spygal

do you think there is such a thing as too much affection? my current s/o gives me so many compliments and so attention that most women i am sure would die for but at times it gets quite bothersome. i enjoy the attention but at times when i am trying to do something like read something or work on the computer he will come and kiss me passionately and i don't know if he wants to try to stir me up or if he is just being loveable. i do enjoy the attentino but at times i feel put out with it because i feel i have to respond to him or it will hurt his feelings and i don't want to discourage him either for he may stop it all together. is there any gentle way to tell him to stay out of my face, no pun intended? i don't want him to stop all together just back off a little.

i guess i kinda had the same problem. but the main idea here is communication. communication is SO important. i think if you dont say something to him nicely about how you feel, your feelings for him will change alot because you might feel smothered. talk to him about it, be honest with him, but say it in a way that wont push him away. for instance say something like "honey i ADORE your kisses and affection, but they are more meaningful to me if you give them to me in smaller amounts"

reassurance is very important, you dont want him to think you hate his kisses and whatnot