Adding someone you would like to get to know more on Facebook

Intricity

I recently had to take my car in to the dealership a few times for some servicing and met this really cute service advisor there. We got the chance to chit chat for a bit each time I was there and her personality really struck my interest. She just comes across as a really cool, confident and outgoing girl; someone that I would definitely like to get to know more and become friends with or possibly even date.

She remembers my name and always smiles and says hi each visit. I’ve also noticed that when we chat, her tone of voice is different - it’s less professional and more casual, like we’re already friends (eg. saying what’s up), but maybe it’s because we’re both young.

She gave me her business card after one of my visits. My question is: would it seem weird or creepy if I added her on Facebook? I think this is only way I can get into contact with her now since my car no longer needs servicing, so it’s not like I can just stop by the dealership to say hi, unless I purposefully damage something on my car so I have an excuse to go back, lol.

My question is: would it seem weird or creepy if I added her on Facebook? I think this is only way I can get into contact with her now since my car no longer needs servicing, so it’s not like I can just stop by the dealership to say hi, unless I purposefully damage something on my car so I have an excuse to go back, lol.

Slightly. I would avoid Facebook. Try this: go back to the dealership and ask for her number. Then call her and ask her out on a date.

Look I'm no Rico Suave but if you strike up this conversation with her there you gotta get the digits asap. Don't hesitate, ask her if she's got a boyfriend, if she doesn't, GET THE DIGITS!!! The window of opportunity for us guys to take it to the next level is all on us and that window only opens for a SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.

So, I personally would not add her on facebook, because for me my chance to get a date would be when I was talking with her in person. If I didn't capitalize on it then and there, I move on.

• Author

Thanks for the replies, guys. Advice duly noted, I will not add her to Facebook.

I'll just have to find some way to get myself back to the dealership to approach her. The only problem is that I think it would be kind of awkward to ask for her number while she's working, as her co-workers and other customers will be around :confused:

I wouldn't add her no. I usually don't add girls until after I've had a date in this context. Facebook isn't really used for pickup in ANY way. It's like the most weak thing you can do to ask a girl out/get to know a girl/whatever.

meerkat stew

I don't make the big deal of FB others make, and don't hesitate to add anyone I want to, so don't see anything wrong with adding her. That said, younger folks tend to have more FB rules of conduct and take it more seriously in their social lives, so depends on your and hers situations also.

You have to be very careful interpreting interest in people who are paid to be interested in you or treat you well. Not a deal-killer, just keep it in mind.

Approaching the opposite sex on Facebook is creepy!

Only if you haven't met them in person first.

Only if you haven't met them in person first.

Only if you are already friends in real life or if you already mentioned Facebook to the person.