Does this make sense? Games Games Games

booran2011

booran2011

Ok here is the scenario!

So this past Saturday I met this girl at a bar. She was working. We hit it off and she gave me her number. We talked for a bit and then as I was leaving I said I would call her when she was done with work which is at like 5 am. ( i know a confident move)

I did not call her at 5 am not trying to look desperate. But when I woke up at 11 am I text her that I was sorry I didn't call at 5. She replied within 3 seconds and said she got home after 6:30 am so she was glad I did not call. I told her to go back to bed and get some rest, she said ok and that she would text me when she woke up.

Saturday came and went no word from her. Sunday came and went no word from here. Monday I left her a quick voice mail. No word from her on Monday, and now Tuesday has came and went and still no word from her?

What kinda game is this? Or does it just mean shes not interested period?:confused:

Serenitynow
A woman's perspective would be nice

You think only women do this ?

• Author
booran2011
skydiveaddict I think your right. Just is so odd, she answered my text within 3 seconds, she gave me the correct #. Plus she asked me If i had plans for the 4th of July and asked me to hang out.

I'm not sure. You did say you'd call her at 5 and then didn't follow through. Whether it seemed "desperate" or not to call, maybe she thinks you flaked on her?

skydiveaddict

who knows? I've never been able to figure women, it's all a crapshoot

Calling someone at 5am just seems odd to me.

Sure, but if it was agreed upon...Actually nevermind, that was a (wrong) assumption I made based on what I read. It wasn't agreed, he stated he'd call.

I dunno, OP....

Edited by Gallaxia
WintersNightTraveler
She is either SICK, or has a FAMILY EMERGENCY

I lol'ed.

To OP, it means she isn't super interested, and likes the attention. She knew she had you hooked when you offered to call at 5am. If she's working until that hour she's got a job where this kind of crap happens all the time with customers. She also is probably just an erratic person if she's texting in 3 seconds and then not at all for 3 days. I'd stop messaging entirely. Maybe she'll ring you up but don't sweat it.

deux ex machina

High chance she's not interested, for whatever reason. I think you did the right thing by leaving that quick message. She knows where to find you if she changes her mind.

Ok here is the scenario!

So this past Saturday I met this girl at a bar. She was working. We hit it off and she gave me her number.

Ah yes, ANOTHER one falls for her trap...

The Black Widow you've met and by the Black Widow you've been stung. Show up to her work in a few days and notice how she'll be extremely friendly and suddenly have a LOT of excuses as to why you two didn't go out.

Women that work at bars/restaurants: STAY AWAY.

Women that work at bars/restaurants: STAY AWAY.

Can you expand on this? It is also relative to my current situation...

WintersNightTraveler

It's a wild ride. Lots of drugs, booze, sleeping around in those circles, IME. Lots of gaming in the dating scene. Sometimes I wish I had waited or tended bar for a while before I found "good" jobs

Gladly.

As I've worked at these scenes before, I can tell you first-hand that even the most conservative female can suddenly develop what I call ASD:

Attention Supremacy Disorder

You see, most of the women that work at bars/restaurants are normal women with no apparent issues and are just perfectly willing to do their jobs, BUT, there is NO shortage of men willing to hit on them. At first, they are adverse to this kind of treatment, and even shun it... and the tips dwindle.

If you can't beat them, join them.

They eventually begin to ENCOURAGE the behavior from patrons, but always making sure that the patron never crosses a certain line, a certain "parameter of respect". Surprisingly enough, the patrons with whom this ASD waitress "flirts" with, are usually the big tippers.

Ocassionally, they will "like" certain customers, but only within the realms of their work atmosphere. More often than not, they give the illusion of genuine interest and give the patron hopes of an actual dating life OUTSIDE of the establisment. Unfortunately, most of these plans never go through. It's very rare to see someone dating their customer, and usually it's the man trying the LEAST to come across as willfully trying... the one to come home with the gal.

It's not that these women are bad, nor evil... it's that they are suddenly granted a fair amount of power over men, and most of the times, these men are poor saps that'll fall for this ASD with a passion.

"Ohhh, the girl that works at Hooters winked at me and remembered my name, she MUST like me."

Sure, Bobby, she loves the wonderful 20% you also leave every week.

Still, I'm always felt inclined to fault the man who falls for this more than the woman who employs the ASD tactic. Technically, these women are in the industry of giving good service, and that is just what they're doing... these men, are simply interpreting their actions as something it truly isn't.

alyssatranswarrior

Yeah. Good call Diezel. 100% correct.

It's like thinking a stripper likes you because she acts like she does. Key word is "acts".

In the movies is the only place where bartenders and waitresses actually fall for someone who is their customer. A movie is fiction :p Just something to take on board there.

dispatch3d
Gladly.

As I've worked at these scenes before, I can tell you first-hand that even the most conservative female can suddenly develop what I call ASD:

You see, most of the women that work at bars/restaurants are normal women with no apparent issues and are just perfectly willing to do their jobs, BUT, there is NO shortage of men willing to hit on them. At first, they are adverse to this kind of treatment, and even shun it... and the tips dwindle.

They eventually begin to ENCOURAGE the behavior from patrons, but always making sure that the patron never crosses a certain line, a certain "parameter of respect". Surprisingly enough, the patrons with whom this ASD waitress "flirts" with, are usually the big tippers.

Ocassionally, they will "like" certain customers, but only within the realms of their work atmosphere. More often than not, they give the illusion of genuine interest and give the patron hopes of an actual dating life OUTSIDE of the establisment. Unfortunately, most of these plans never go through. It's very rare to see someone dating their customer, and usually it's the man trying the LEAST to come across as willfully trying... the one to come home with the gal.

It's not that these women are bad, nor evil... it's that they are suddenly granted a fair amount of power over men, and most of the times, these men are poor saps that'll fall for this ASD with a passion.

"Ohhh, the girl that works at Hooters winked at me and remembered my name, she MUST like me."

Still, I'm always felt inclined to fault the man who falls for this more than the woman who employs the ASD tactic. Technically, these women are in the industry of giving good service, and that is just what they're doing... these men, are simply interpreting their actions as something it truly isn't.

This is great and all but who cares. Call her up and see if she answers. If she does schedule a date. If she flakes who gives a ****.

It's like your describing most attractive women. It's nice to know where they are coming from and all but I'm more interested in sleeping with them!

WintersNightTraveler
This is great and all but who cares. Call her up and see if she answers. If she does schedule a date. If she flakes who gives a ****.

He already tried step one so it's at the "don't give a ****" step now.

Yeah way too much analysis here I just want lunch and if the waitress is cute that's a bonus.

Gladly.

HAHA That's pretty spot on. But the fact of the matter remains. She gave him her number. An ASD'er wouldn't have.