Ladies: Did your sig othere see your GOOD male friend as a threat?

....well, you fell obligated to your new boyfriend to do so?

I've seen a lot of this happen....in my case, I had female friendships fizzle because they'd acquire a new boyfriend.

Once, I had a female college classmate....we really just became good friends, talked on the phone a lot, I had no intentions romantically with her (this was in my 20's actually). Well, boyfriend moves in....she asks me to just IM or Email with her, because well, the boyfriend is there now, be inappropriate to call, right?

Eventually, he saw her Instant Messaging with me when he was looking over her shoulder...yep...sure enough that had to end, too.

I guess this usually happens when the relationships gets to the point of Co-habitation, and well, since her communication would be directly with you....then no problem.

However, I have noticed, if the "couple" was BOTH friends with said male friend, it isn't much of an issue...but...if she was part of a circle of friends, but she met him OUTSIDE that circle, chances are he wouldn't want to know her friends, esp. male ones.

That being said, I guess when it comes time to Co-habitat, did your male sig. other express how he might not want your male friend, calling, emailing nor texting you anymore?

And...did you favor his wishes?

threebyfate

No, my husband never had a problem with my male friends since I introduced him to them and they got along. As it stands, my husband goes out with them without me, recruiting even the ex-husband for a men's basketball league.

My H. KNOWS that I would never cheat on him. Never.

This is a common problem with a relationship and it is just the sig others insecurity.. My ex girlfriend basically wanted me to stop talking to any females that i had a platonic relationship with..

I think anyone who complies with their sig others request and blows off someone who is supposed to be their friend then it just shows they were never a good friend to begin with.. You shouldn't let a sig other's insecurity make you sever ties with good people whom you consider a true friend in my opinion.