what is his motive?

alexa137

I met a guy on the plentyoffish dating site in January, exchanged a few messages then a few emails getting to know each other. Well then for a weeks I didnt bother having communication with him because I figured he was like all the other 99.9% of men who are players. He then requested me on facebook & we exchanged phone numbers & the texts and calls started. He would call me everyday while he was working(drives a truck) and talk for hours for weeks & realized that we wanted the same things, like an actual relationship with no games etc...We made arrangements to met & things were great that night, we clicked & had chemistry. A month later we had sex, still talked on the phone but all of a sudden he mentions that he cant move forward until he gets over his ex who hurt him very much. So then i was like no what? because I just dont just have sex with anyone! I mean its been over 2 years that ive been in a relationship! So I got a little upset and started ignoring his calls for a week, then we talked & he was always explaining what happened on the weekends when he wouldgo out or messages the ex sent him, which I didnt really want to hear but did anyways, because like he stated we were friends and he thanked me for being such a good friend and listening to me. We hooked up again a few weeks ago, and when we talked now he tells me that he is keeping me around "for a reason". He continues to go out on dates with other women, even though he tells me he likes me blah blah blah...so i'm thinking he wants his cake and eat it too! I ask why does he go on dates with losers when the almost perfect girl is right in front of his face! ME!!!

and to make it even worse Ive never gotten a real date with him yet! yeah we had a lunch date at a fast food restuarant and a late breakfast after the club the night we meet! I liked him then stopped liking him, so that I wouldnt get feelings for him and tried to back away, now I am ignoring him because i feel it wont get nowhere. every weekend he goes out fri & sats but always asks me to come over during the day. Ive been to his apt 2 times & no signs of a female. now im to the point where i'm ignoring him again because Im tired to hearing the stories.

should i de-friend him and leave him alone and ignore him?