New Romance Before Summer Vacation...

pandabar

My first year of college I had a crush on one of my acquaintances but he had been maintaining a relationship from high school and I dropped the issue because I am totally against going for guys who are taken.

Second year, I got into a long term (yet emotionally abusive) relationship that lasted until about a week ago. Though the relationship lasted that long I was only staying in it to avoid suicidal threats and I had emotionally checked out of the relationship long before.

Now i'm finishing my third year of college and I started going to some end of the year parties at my friends dorm, and ran into my old crush again. He had broken up with his girlfriend last year, and we ended up hanging out together all night, not really talking to anyone else. The third night this happened, we ended up getting really affectionate (touching, stealing kisses etc) and even started talking a little bit about meeting up with each other over the summer when he comes to visit his brother an hour away from where i live. Overall, he seems like he is really interested in me.

However, I will be on the other side of the country for 2 months of the summer, and 4 hours away the rest of the time.

We are going out on a date Saturday night (at which point we also plan on figuring out where we stand), but I am leaving to go home for the summer on Sunday.

I really like him a lot, and we have a lot in common but obviously this seems like a very inopportune time to start something romantic, and I really don't think that we know each other well enough to maintain any kind of relationship over the summer.

Should I attempt to ask him to wait for me so that we can see what happens in the fall when we are both back at school, or should I just forget about it, letting it go due to terrible timing?