LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Okay guys, tell the truth...

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2010, 9:13 PM   #1
Established Member

Okay guys, tell the truth...

My fiance and I are having a little debate. I say that men "go back fishing" to their exes because they are just too lazy to find a new girl. He says that this NEVER happens and a man only goes back because he realizes what he's lost. (Mind you, we are exes who got back together and I think he's doing a little CYA here! )

So, truth be told: why do you go back to your exes? Because you miss her? Or because it's easier? There's $5.00 and a whole lotta "braggin' rights" involved so I need honesty!!!
georgia girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:15 PM   #2
Established Member

I have 1 ex, and if I went back to her it would be because it was easier. She's still in love with me (last I knew) but I don't miss her at all. So if I went back to her it would be because I just got lonely and wanted something easy.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:18 PM   #3
Established Member

I dont know. I dont look back.
Old 16th April 2010, 9:20 PM   #4
Established Member

I have one ex...she left me, so I don't have the option of getting her back...

I think men go back due to laziness or lack of success with new women...the whole "realized what he lost" is a crock of sh*t...georgiagirl, you win.
Confirmation Bias - considering only evidence favorable to one's own position
USMCHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:27 PM   #5
Established Member

I've entertained the idea of giving a relationship a second try only one time, and finding a new relationship would have been the easier path to take.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life... but it ain't about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winnin' is done! Now if you know what you are worth, go out and get what you are worth; but you gotta be willing to take the hits.
Bejita463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:29 PM   #6

I'm not a guy but IMO, it depends on who got dumped. You'll find dumpee men more prone to trying to get an ex back. Male ego is sensitive indeed.
threebyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:30 PM   #7
ADF

The men who go back to exes out of laziness far outnumber those who yearn for what they have lost. Both happen, but you win.
ADF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:37 PM   #8

i dont look back. never had the chance.all ways the dumpee not the dumper.nice guys all ways finish last.
allanworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:38 PM   #9
Established Member

Now I remember why I love Marines!!!!

Thanks, USMChokie and everyone! I KNEW it!

(And by the way, he came back with an engagement ring so I do think he missed me, but I'll never let him live this down! )
Old 16th April 2010, 9:45 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia girl View Post
My fiance and I are having a little debate. I say that men "go back fishing" to their exes because they are just too lazy to find a new girl. He says that this NEVER happens and a man only goes back because he realizes what he's lost. (Mind you, we are exes who got back together and I think he's doing a little CYA here! )

So, truth be told: why do you go back to your exes? Because you miss her? Or because it's easier? There's $5.00 and a whole lotta "braggin' rights" involved so I need honesty!!!
I really don't believe in the whole "dumper/dumpee" thing, because it takes two people to make/break a relationship.

But in your case OP, who broke up with who?
CLC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:46 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebyfate View Post
I'm not a guy but IMO, it depends on who got dumped. You'll find dumpee men more prone to trying to get an ex back. Male ego is sensitive indeed.

I'd have to disagree...it would make more sense that dumper men would be more likely to sift through their little black books for a girl from the past that they dumped...especially when dating times are tough at that moment...
USMCHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:50 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia girl View Post
Thanks, USMChokie and everyone! I KNEW it!
Not everyone.
Old 16th April 2010, 9:52 PM   #13
Established Member

CLC2008, once again, the Marines have it. He dumped me. Broke my heart, actually. But then came back almost immediately. I told him no thanks for months until he finally really made me believe that he was truly serious. I wasn't sitting around moping over him, however. I had gone on with my life and was pretty happy with being single when I finally agreed to give him a second shot.

So, I think there may be some logic to the view that a male dumper is more likely to come back. Who knows? I still get the $5 and the braggin rights!
Old 16th April 2010, 9:57 PM   #14

[QUOTE=CLC2008;2753382]I really don't believe in the whole "dumper/dumpee" thing, because it takes two people to make/break a relationship.

ok then what do you do when your told to get out after 4 years of happyness.because she wanted to be with her exboyfriend.i didnt know anything was wrong .just the day before she was trying on the wedding dress for our wedding.you cant just say no i tried talking it threw.nope didnt work so i left.
allanworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 9:58 PM   #15
Established Member

How is trying to get back with you for months easier than getting a new girl? The same effort he used on you could have been used on someone else, and it probably would have worked much faster.