have you ever rejected someone and later regretted it?

lovebound

Just curious if you have been in the situation where you were really close to someone who was your good friend and attractive, and when this person wanted more, you rejected him/her at the time, but later regretted it and wanted to have that person back. tell me your story.

SilentVoice

Yes .. we are actually still good friends.. but he chased me for about a year .. I never gave him the time of day.

But seeing how he seems to be when in a relationship... he would have been a great boyfriend..But I am not one to have many regrets.. but the grass always seems greener.

But we probably wouldn't have lasted he is like a brother to me

Well, I had this guy who chased me persistently for 2 years plus. I truly was not attracted to him, but there were crazy moments, especially right after a breakup, where I thought, 'Gosh, this guy has been hanging around like a devoted puppy for the past TWO boyfriends that I had. Would it have been so bad to have taken him instead? Granted he's dumb and childish and not interesting in the slightest, but at least he's so obsessed with me that he wouldn't have neglected me or anything.'

Then I realized that if I wanted dumb devotion I should get myself a puppy.

Well, I had this guy who chased me persistently for 2 years plus. I truly was not attracted to him, but there were crazy moments, especially right after a breakup, where I thought, 'Gosh, this guy has been hanging around like a devoted puppy for the past TWO boyfriends that I had. Would it have been so bad to have taken him instead? Granted he's dumb and childish and not interesting in the slightest, but at least he's so obsessed with me that he wouldn't have neglected me or anything.'

Then I realized that if I wanted dumb devotion I should get myself a puppy.

Normally the 'guyfriends' have at least something going on. Personality comes to mind, but yeah sounds like the relationship woulda ended badly.

On a side note how often do women pick the 'good personality' guy over the 'hotter one'

Oh no, his intentions were very obvious. I've had guy friends who aren't interested, and it's way different.

Heh, if I'd ever given in to the inclination I think the relationship would have ended on the second date or something, when the logic of 'WTF ARE YOU DOING????' kicks in.

There was a girl that I dated about 3 years ago that actually rejected me after about 3 months of "pseudo-dating" (it was more like friendzone...)and then came back about a year ago saying that she regretted not being with me and wanted another chance...unfortunately, I was with my ex at the time and said no thanks...

But me personally? No.

If you're having these thoughts right now one of several things is happening:

• you're lonely
  • you just got out of a relationship where somebody cheated or mistreated you
  • your confidence level is in the ****ter
  • you just saw a movie or watched an Oprah episode where the "just friend" turned out to be the love of their life

Bottom Line, you said no to them for a reason and your initial instinct is usually the correct one.