Expectations of Others

TarnishedInequity

TarnishedInequity

Hello all...

I've recently become involved with a great guy (after being the other woman to a guy for three months) who I was introduced to through my roommate. Now, my roommate, who had the best intentions at heart, pretty much badgered myself and the guy to start talking for over a week before we clicked, and for the past three weeks has been hounding our conversations and interactions.

I also have a few close friends who know of my new guy and met him, along with my family who has seen pictures of us (from a party) together (he has already met my mom).

I have this overwhelming feeling of being pressured. :(

My friends (who are single/not involved in anything serious) make comments and have flat out stated (albeit, jokingly) that they live vicariously through me and how happy they are that at least one other person in our group is in a relationship (there is only one other couple in our group of friends) - though I've only known the guy for three weeks and we finally gave ourselves the title of "dating" after going out together...

I have consistently told my friends that we are NOT together, we are taking things day-by-day and have re-affirmed things with the guy who has expressed some mild annoyance, but for the most part is quite amused with my friends' antics... my friends still say they no longer see me as single...

I am wondering if I am over-reacting because I have the HUGE need to profusely apologize to my guy about the whole thing and I feel like we are getting swept up very, very quickly into a relationship?

Yes, we are very open with our communication and we are wondering how to handle my friends (I would say ours since we do have mutual friends who are in this clique of people)... but I am wondering if any one else had any advice on a situation like this?

[edit]

He met my mother because my mom was dropping me off to spend the day with him (I'm visiting home since I go to college in another state) - this was a given and I was okay with this... but when my mother came to pick me up... she brought the WHOLE family even though I expressed to her I would not like everyone to come since it's awkward and I just started dating the guy.

Edited by TarnishedInequity
add in family issue...