being romantic - tips please

my ex of 4 months and I had a nice romantic weekend together- he just suggested a nice historic inn for dinner and in general it was just a great weekend. This weekend we are going out again. I say ex, but he had agreed to take things slow and start again, we talked about it Monday as I asked for clarification if this was "dating" or "friends w/ benefits"- he said dating, but we have to go slow. Umm...yeh, okay. I figure I'm happy w/ him, mopey when I'm not- for the time being I'm enjoying our outings.

my ? is I'm not very romantic. in hindsight, I have regrets of the time we spent together before that I didn't do romantic lil gestures (he's never brought this up...). He is far more romantic than I.

The other week I dropped something off for him and left a cutesy romantic card- something I never do and he liked it- so that's a start.

Any ideas? I think romantic dinners...but I don't cook much and wouldn't know how to go setting a "scene."

I am seriously stunted in the romance department.

Just A Girl2

He's the romantic one? Well let's see now....him dumping your ass over the phone on Valentine's Day, after being together for 7 months (sparked by you sharing frustration that he couldn't tell you he loved you).....that doesn't really sound like the King of Romance to me.

I think you should nevermind about learning ways to be romantic. This guy has been keeping you in limbo for over 4 months now.....he was the one who blamed you TOTALLY for the breakup......don't be so darn gung-ho to make everything perfect for him. As far as I'm concerned, he's got a lot of making up to do where you're concerned. He's still never apologized for the day and way and reason he dumped you this past February. Don't be so quick to forget, and so willing to expend all this energy.

You've done nothing but be there for him, waiting for him all this time......being there when he'd call 'last minute' to invite you out......don't be so eager to be the one who does all the giving here. If you MUST be with this guy, then be cool and make him work for you....no need for you to kiss his butt in the least.

YOU WRITE: "I am seriously stunted in the romance department."

Yes, I sort of think that was the message JAG2 was meaning to convey in her post above. I agree with her and am also wondering why you would kiss a guy's butt after the way he's treated you...doesn't make sense to me.