Bringing her home to meet your mom.

Can you be a bit more clear. Are you a girl that is being brought home, or a guy that is thinking of bringing his girl home?

Either way it is a big deal...but I never realized just how stressful it can be for most women...and I dont just mean stressful in the sense that they are worried to meet your family...more so, I mean stressful as it forces your girl to really focus on your relationship and if she feels that you are strong and secure enough to take the step of getting families involved.

Tread lightly.

• Author

Am the girl being brought home. He mentioned me to his mother on Saturday, now she wants to meet me. I said August Long weekend, He said probably needs to be sooner than that, as she's visiting here in May.

zebracolors

As a woman, going to agree with MrKleen. I guess I would say it's kind of a huge step either way. If he's come to care that much for you, and he's close to his family then it probably indicates that you mean enough to him that he hopes his parents approve of you. Also as a woman, if it got to that point for me with a guy, I would feel honored actually, and I'd want to be able for him to meet mine as well, however they are split up now.

• Author

Thank you for the replies - seems although most people on this forum don't take their gf's to meet mom!

For me, yes, it's a big deal...my parents only know that I've dated one girl in my entire life...the rest I never bothered to even tell them about...

As a woman, it is a huge deal for me to introduce a guy to my parents, and traditionally, when I choose to take that step, it takes me a lot longer to be ready to do it than it takes the guy I'm dating to introduce me to his parents.

I've dated guys who it wasn't a big deal to, and guys who it was.

Current guy I thought was one who didn't think it was a big deal, since it didn't take him long to introduce me...but then found out that he doesn't usually introduce his gfs to his parents.

• Author

thanks for the input! maybe i'm looking into to this far too much. I need to cool my jets, but I'm so afraid for being hurt all over again. Maybe I should tell myself to stfu! :D