Gift ideas for 1 year anniversary

FooFighter

So our 1 year anniversary is coming up, and i don't really have any solid ideas. I can't think of anything I'd want to buy her, other than perhaps a promise ring or something, but I thought I'd leave that for later. I bought her an iPod for her birthday last month because she needed one and really loves listening to music, but other than that I can't think of what to buy her right now.. So yesterday I came up with this idea, just wondering what everyone thinks? Lame/nice?

I thought i'd stock up her mini-fridge with lots of stuff she likes, except I'd change the packaging and re-wrap everything myself with little notes written inside for her. For example, she loves orange vitamin water, so I'd buy her like bottles of that and remove the outer wrapping, cut it into the shape of a heart and write different reasons I love her on the back of each bottle.....I'm thinking I'll do stuff like that with other things she likes as well, like her favourite chocolate and stuff, and probably write her a long letter (I've been wanting to write something to her for a while anyway).

What do you guys think? She told me how excited she is about the gift she got me, so I don't want mine to be a let down. She keeps saying I don't have to get her anything and she doesn't want to get me a gift just for me to get her one too, but obviously it doesn't work that way and I don't want to be empty-handed on our 1 year anniversary. I don't really wanna go out and blow a couple hundred bucks on her again because I can't really think of a meaningful expensive gift I'd want to buy her right now.

This seems like a pretty "mushy" gift for a guy to be giving, but I guess that means she'll like it + I need to do something romantic and meaningful, we've been through some stupid stuff recently.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering, we're both sophomore's going to the same university.

Edited by FooFighter

Oh gush :) how sweet. Well i looked up anniversaries and it says that the first anniversary should be a gift of paper. Maybe you could make a collage of all the pictures you have taken together places you have gone etc and turn it into a romantic story.

You could make her a beautiful fairy princess and you a handsome elf, if you are into that kind of thing. You could get stickers from a stationery store and put them on the pictures instead of using photo shop.

Hope this helps. I'm nicking some of YOUR ideas, by the way :)

Have a wonderful one year anniversary!!

That's a sweet idea.

Personally, I don't celebrate "anniversaries" because I think they're for married people, so my best suggestion is go for your idea (or a scrap book or something), or just make an effort to spend the day together. Go out to a nice dinner, get couples massages, something like that.