Beyond frustrated with dating!!!

bigapplejen

I am beyond frustrated. I have been single a year and i seem to be encountering flakes. I will talk to a guy anywhere from 4 days- 2 weeks. Were talking every day, then i wont hear from him everyday anymore. It will be every 3-5 days, we dont meet like we originally planned, etc. I thought it was me, but its not. Everything is going great, talking everyday then he backs off. I dont know if this is some kind of game or what. But i am really sick of it. He says i really like you, want to meet you, asking if i want a relationship (some of them), etc etc. So, i dont know if this is just part of playing it cool or a flake and i just need to be persistent in finding the right guy or what. :love:

Just have patience. To every good person there is probably about 5 flakes. The dating scene is like weeding a garden...lol

• Author

I am not a hater, but i want to scream at some of these men. lol. They say they like you, want a relationship, etc. Everything is going great for about 5 days and then the texts drop off, and you either dont hear from them or you hear from them alot less. Even this guy i dated for 7 months (after divorce i didnt want a relationship) would text me every day for momths. It was a FWB but still. LOL.....

Maybe texting isn't the best way to communicate?

Why not a couple of introductory emails, a phone call or two, and then either meet or don't meet. That way you don't have to waste a lot of time on someone who is ego-feeding off multiple women texting with them.

What is your need to text every day with these guys about? Why is that important?

Then stop texting with him. Just stop. You have control - you don't need to prolong the frustration. It's clear he's never going to meet with you, so delete his texts when you get them and forget him.