How important is a man's body to women?

etaoinshrdlu

Reversal of a previous thread. I'm curious. I've gone from being in obvious athletic shape to being fairly sedentary (not overweight, just not toned) and I haven't noticed any change in how girls look at me. There's exactly the same degree of interest or disinterest. My hair, however, makes quite a bit of difference.

Obviously, both genders are going to be turned on by people with perfect bodies, but since most of us don't have perfect bodies and never will, I'm thinking that it doesn't matter so much regarding the people to whom we're actually *attracted* on a deeper level.

Since the previous thread showed that within reasonable limits, men care more about the woman they're with than the particulars of her body, I'm wondering if the same is true the other way around.

It depends on how is bad looking that body. In other words, if a body is very ugly/or fat, it would be very important. Otherwise, a body is a secondary concern among all other secondary concerns.

for attractive women a mans wallet is of much more importance than his body

Ouch...SO not true !!

I consider myself attractive and I can make my own money, thank you.

I dated tall, thin, rotund ,short...

money & looks are superficial, both are easily lost given time,circumstance...

TheBritishGuy

If I was referring to your comment I would have quoted you but "a lot" is a pretty big hint I would have thought.

How would I know, you were just speaking to me and didn't quote me in your last post ;)

The census on this board is height isn't a huge factor.. anyways...

TheBritishGuy

It isn't hard to tell who the comment was directed at the second time around as it was a direct reply to what you were saying. Either way it still doesn't change the fact that I said "a lot" which means more than one person.

The census on the board isn't as important as real world experiences unless you are limited to only dating the people on the board. People bring their own experiences to the fold.

Confusedalways

I really am not a fan of guys who are STICKS, nor am I a fan of guys with so many muscles they can't put their arms down. Other than that-- I'm really game for whatever. As long as they are taller than me (5'4").

TheBritishGuy

That is your experience, thank you for your input :)

Back on subject for a moment if I may:

I think in terms of body if your really out of shape it may have a bearing but I think most things are acceptable.

Back on subject for a moment if I may:

I think in terms of body if your really out of shape it may have a bearing but I think most things are acceptable.

do you think if a man had bad teeth that would affect what women thought?

TheBritishGuy

Well it depends on how bad to be honest.

I think if yourw at any extreme in terms of height, weight, finance or practically most things then you are at a disadvantage.

Seems to make sense.

out of shape doesn't matter. skinny, average, sturdy, stout, short, tall whatever is all fine. BUT more than 15-20 lbs overweight is not for me.

for attractive women a mans wallet is of much more importance than his body

So the ugly women like his body ?:eek:

Its hard to kiss a man with bad teeth..