Online Dating Profile

Pizzaman81

So this is my first time trying online dating.

I find myself writing a lot in my profile about who I am , what I want in life and what I prefer my mate's core values are.

I look at other people's profile and it's really short. Is it bad to put down lots of information about what you want in a person?

-Pizzaman

well it isn't really good to write a novel on these sites, try to keep it under 200 words or a lot less if possible. People don't read that much on there because they search through soooo many profiles that someone who has too much on their profile, is more likely to get passed up... I know sad but that is the way it is, I have updated mine a few times and had to shorten it myself. Once I did I got more responses, you can keep it short and simple with still getting your point across. People have posted their profile on here before and asked for tips, you could always do the same if you wanted too.

I think a paragraph or two is more then enough. Obviously you want some information on there, but too much is overwhelming. Plus, with keeping it to the point, and not over doing it leaves for more room for conversation.