Dilemma

blueskies

I've been going with this girl for approx two months now, and everything has been great. We spend lots of time together, doing everything like a couple. However, she ha said she doesn't want to be committed to a serious relationship now, saying things could turn out rather differently.

Now, I'm fine with this, but of late, when I happened to bring up a previous crush-turned-friend, she turns out to be quite jealous, and either starts a cold war for a while, and starts babbling nonsense... Are girls fond of this? She goes round talking to guys, and there shouldn't be a problem. But when I bring one girl up...

We share a common group of friends, and it quite irks me that though we behave much like a couple, we can't seem to let out that we spend time together, say a weekend getaway... Her ex is among the group of friends, and that could be among the reasons, coupled with her bad breakup.

But I would much prefer things to be more settled, rather than being a guy in the background, who provides her support with whatever she does.... What should I do abt it? She did make it clear that it would take some time for her to be in a new relationship, so should I just savour the moment, and see what it turns out, rather than press for an answer?

[color=indigo]

The fact that she is being upfront and honest with you from the beginning is good. She is telling you she isn't ready for something more, so pushing for something more wouldn't be a good idea. The fact that she is jealous when you mention the other girl is just an indication that she is insecure and probably has genuine feelings for you. Feeling something for someone doesn't mean they are ready for a committed relationship though.

If you feel she is really worth it, stick it out for a bit longer until you feel you should move on. Maybe it would also help to tell her how you are feeling. Tell her you want something more with her and that you realize that she isn't ready and that you are willing to be patient with her. See what she says. It's all about communication and getting your feelings out. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.

[/color]