don't know what to do

lilbabe5785

I have no idea how to get my man to want me more. He doesn't like to put his arms around me in public because it looks trashy. I can sort-of understand how he feels but I like to hold hands and sometimes we can't do that. When I see other couples, it makes me jealous. I want him to want to hang out with me and be with me. Right now it just seems like I'm doing most of this relationship myself. What should I do? I try to talk to him but he doesn't understand. I dont' want him to think that I'm trying to change him and that I don't love him for who he is. We've been together for over a year and breaking up with him is not at all what I want. I know he loves me, but I would really like it for him to show it. So if anyone has any suggestions...just let me know... thanks

You can't make your guy do something he doesn't want to do. You can tell him how important it is and how great it would make you feel if he was more demonstrative but that's all you can do. He may be shy or, like many men, is embarassed to show a lot of affection in public.

Since breaking up is not an option for you, if he won't come around your only alternative is to accept him exactly as he is. Just get used to it. But give this some thought....if getting hugs and kisses in public is extremely important to you and you know you're not going to have that need met, how will that neglect feel to you in the coming years.

If everything else about him is just like you want, I'd say this matter might be pretty insignificant. Of course, that's for you to decide.