After 1st Date

fancybird

I went on what I thought was a great first date last night, and am suprised that he hasn't called today.

When do guys usually call after a first date?

Is there a correlation between how long it takes him to make that call and his interest level?

I will probably see him on Monday night at the gym and may feel awkward if he hasn't called me by then.

There is no rule on the time a guy may take to call a lady after a first date. Sometimes they call the same night...other times, a week later. There is no correlation between the time it takes a guy to call after a first date and what he thinks of a lady...none whatsoever.

A really smart guy will do exactly what this guy is doing to you to drive a lady up a wall...wait a few days or more to make contact.

If he doesn't call for a while and you see him at the gym next Monday, smile at him, say hello and go about your business. There will be no reason to feel awkward. Don't make such a big deal out of this. Everything works out in the end.

Have you ever seen that movie? Good movie.. more geared towards guys than girls.. but it can give us insight into their warped little minds about ways to play games with our emotions. The "Six Day" rule.. who knows? Maybe your guy might follow this one.. maybe he won't. But if it was such a great date, don't worry. He WILL call.

Amanda