does it always happen?

4-ever fame

Hi! Thanks for reading this...

I just want to apologize. The original message was posted in the Filipino language and that's why you didn't understand what I was saying.

Anyway, it's about my boyfriend. He's 22 and I'm 18. Ever since our relationship started, we've always been fighting... we always have our disagreements. Maybe it's because of our age gap. Is that possible? He's a serious guy, because of his age. He spends his time working, but I'm an outgoing person.. I'm always with my group of peers and he thinks that I don't have time for him and that I prefer to be with my peers instead of him. I just don't know how to explain my viewpoint and we always have arguments about it.

What do you think I should do? I really love him, and that's why I can't let him go...

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like its not the age difference, but a personality conflict. Maybe you should discuss your concerns with your bf and talk about what problems you two think you have, and how to work on them.

twistedgreen

I agree: you can find outgoing people who like to spend time with their peers, and people who tend to devote themselves to their work and maybe that one special person, in all age groups.

I don't think that you should have to give up spending time with your peers, but maybe if you find out exactly what it is that bothers him about that, you can work it out. Maybe he thinks you are more interested in them than him. This could be a biggie especially if any of your friends are guys. Does he want to spend time with you and your friends? Would it help if you had a special day arranged for the two of you to have fun? What makes him feel insecure??