Does it ever work out when there are games and serious doubts?

loveslife

I'm thinking some more about this ex I've been talking with recently. From the very beginning I had no doubt what he felt about me or what he wanted.

It was me who was unable to open up. I was so used to keeping my feelings to myself because I had made such terrible choices for so long and was always shot down when I opened up.

But now I'm reminded of how wonderful it is to be with someone who WANTS you to tell them about your feelings, who wants to KNOW you. And I know he's sincere.

It has never worked out for me when I've been with a guy where I had to play games, be guarded or question what he really felt about me. And now I'm wondering why I even bothered.

Does it ever work out when there are those elements? In your experience.

I would be inclined to say no, if someone is playing games and you have serious doubts about them then the relationship is unlikely to work out. Personally I cannot be bothered to play games, if someone messes about I am inclined to tell them to shove it, and look for someone else. I don't need that sort of drama in my life.

Trialbyfire

IME, games and serious doubts are the underpinnings of the drama-coaster with no brakes.

And yes, it's been wonderful being with someone who's emotionally open, who I can be emotionally open with. The contrast is amazing. :love:

• Author

I gotta say, if things don't work out with me and this guy I hope I always remember the difference. It can seriously save a lot of time and energy!! All that time wasted worrying, wondering, trying to be a certain way to fit his bill. E-gads!