Women, why is a guy having close family so important?

lonelypiscesguy

lonelypiscesguy

I think I know why, but what if a guy is a good, nice cat but has a really lame family, that HE doesn't want anything to do with? My ex had a lot of family and it didn't matter to her in the least. What gives?

I asked this same question yet re-worded it here a couple weeks ago and never got a true answer.

Trialbyfire

I think that when you're not close to your family, particularly if it's not a large family, it's more difficult to assimilate into a new family. Also, if someone is raised in a loving, close, fun and vocal family, they're going to provide the same to any future immediate family aka be good fathers and be comfortable and well received by their in-laws. I can't imagine spending my life with someone who doesn't get along with my family or can't connect with kids.

MusicChick24

Some people think it's important because if a guy is close to his family it usually exemplifies other positive qualities about that guy, but not always.

When I first met my bf I resented the fact he was so close to his family a little bit because me coming into the picture put me into the line of fire and under lots of scrutiny for a long time, whereas him coming into my family was alot less stressful for both of us.

Citizen Erased

I myself do not find it important. But, the only family that will be important to me is the one I will have one day, not the one I was born into.

However, I can see why to some it is important, a lot of people put their own families first.