My Girlfriend Shuts Down When Upset

Jake12429

Hey all,

I'm a 28 year old male who lives in California, and about 3-4 months ago, started dating a girl...We haven't done the "I love you" thing yet or antyhing, but this really is the best women I've ever dated, hands down. No drama, she treats me very well, I treat her very well, no games, no "i'm gonna make you jealous" while we're out, nothing...until recently.

Basically, as the title suggests, my girlfriends totally shuts down when she's upset about something...its not often, but when she is, there is NO getting through to her. I've dated enough women to know the difference between the "I'm having second thoughts about us" shutting down and the "you've pissed me off/I'm very upset about something" shutting down...but it still bugs me. We usually talk a lot during the day, whether its via email, text, phone, etc, but the last few days she has been very quiet and standoffish...she claims it's because she's been in a fight with a few of her friends, but in my experience, this is the type of stuff she's vented to me about before. I already did the supportive thing and asked a few times (then stopped, cause it would surely get annoying) if she wants to talk, I'm happy to lend an open ear, etc. I mean it just seems odd to me that someone wouldn't confide in their boyfriend if something outside of the relationship is bothering her...or maybe that's just an excuse and she is having second thoughts? Who the hell knows...Help!

Do you want a lifetime of that? What does she do when she's upset with you?

It's a real good question and goes to compatibility.

My wife was like that. Talk about anything under the stars and she was all-in. Even did vents pretty good. Get down to the emotional business of our M and fuggetaboutit. Nadda.

I predict ours will be one of the most quiet and orderly divorces extant. If I keep my mouth shut ;)