Would you date a man who is 25 an lives in a studio apartment ?

BoredPerson

BoredPerson

I found a studio apartment for $200 a week. Its expensive but I could walk to work and it'd be just me there, which is awesome as I can't find people I don't hate to live with.

Would you date a man who lives in a studio apartment ?

Its basically a big room, with a kitchen and a bathroom attached.

WhyYesThankYou

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Yes, but I'm assuming that you're living in a big, expensive city where having a studio apartment is a viable and non-freakish option for a single, professional male. If you're in NYC, Boston, San Fran, Chicago, etc - fine. Cool, even. I much prefer a guy with his own place to a guy with flatmates/roommates lurking about, and having to ... uh ... monitor noise levels.

More importantly to me would be how you furnish/decorate it. You'd want to avoid the impression that this is a "shag pad," i.e. a second home you maintain solely as a place to bring chicks. Personalize it, keep it tidy, and I think you could have a nice home.

(P.S. I'm a chick, and/but one of my most memorable weekends ever was spent with a girl in her Boston studio. She made excellent use of a small space. Go for it.)

Short answer: Yes.

Quick remark: 200$ is expensive??? That sounds like a bargain to me. Studio apartment go for something like 600$ in my city.

Other remark: a studio is always better then living at your parents, and is generally better then living with roomates.

• Author
BoredPerson

Its the same as I am paying to have room mates and I save on transportation costs which are significant...I could afford a one bedroom unit but it'd be pushing the envelope.

I can pay $250 ish for a one bedroom unit that will be basically the same thing with a wall or two inbetween the bedroom and the 'other room'.

It's better than dating a 25 year old that lives at home with mom....I've never heard of someone not date someone because they lived in a studio.

Agreed, it's not like you're living with your parents. I can't see why a girl would hold this against you.

I'm actually in the process of looking for one right now. I'm either going the 1-bed route alone, or 2-bedroom with my best friend. Living expenses here are OUTRAGEOUS, considering the size of the city. If you want to live anywhere near downtown, you're paying at least $1000/month for a 1-bedroom. Pretty insane for a city with only 230,000 people...sheesh, it's not Chicago. /rant

LucreziaBorgia

I'd date a guy under those circumstances. A guy with his own place, is a guy with his own place. Much easier than if he were living in the same room with someone else (like a dorm), or living at home.

dreamergrl

Yes - I don't see why it would be a problem if you're living alone. Now if you had bunk beds and where shaking up with Bubba, we'd have to talk :D

lovestruck818
I found a studio apartment for $200 a week. Its expensive but I could walk to work and it'd be just me there, which is awesome as I can't find people I don't hate to live with.

Would you date a man who lives in a studio apartment ?

Its basically a big room, with a kitchen and a bathroom attached.

def! ;)

I'm 27 and I live in a studio as well. I think it says something about a person who can get their own place and establish themselves. Even better if you bought it!

xpaperxcutx

The guy I'm seeing is living in his own studio in the east village. It's pretty great, and he gets access to his roof.

25 and in a studio is fine.

25 in a studio with a bad attitude about women will be what would stop them from dating you.

Isn't paying a weekly rent payment a little odd for a nice building in a decent location though?

Sounds like a furnished situation. If poorly furnished it would not be a good idea.

JeezLouise

In general, I would date a guy in a studio apartment. But a $800 studio apt in a big city must be sort of...run-down or not in the greatest of neighborhoods, yes? I would concentrate on clean, well-built and safe with roommates before i worried about privacy.