Never be loved, or even liked?

kashmir

You ever feel like you're just sprinting through your life? Like, instead of maintaining a constant aerobic pace where you can efficiently process oxygen, you just say "**** it" and start an all out sprint. You're not thinking about the future, only the present. All you want to do is make it through each day without putting a ****ing bullet in your head. When things get bad I try to assure myself that I'm going to break through one of these days. I tell myself that soon my passions will get me through this, but I can't help but think those passions are on the brink of falling to pieces.

Eh, I make things worse than they are for me, but I've been feeling especially distant from everyone recently. I've been trying to reach out. I've been trying hard. I don't seem to connect with anyone, though. It gets so depressing sometimes. Is it really that hard to find a nice girl who actually wants to go out with me and spend a bit of time with me?

You ever feel like you're just sprinting through your life? Like, instead of maintaining a constant aerobic pace where you can efficiently process oxygen, you just say "**** it" and start an all out sprint. You're not thinking about the future, only the present. All you want to do is make it through each day without putting a ****ing bullet in your head. When things get bad I try to assure myself that I'm going to break through one of these days. I tell myself that soon my passions will get me through this, but I can't help but think those passions are on the brink of falling to pieces.

Eh, I make things worse than they are for me, but I've been feeling especially distant from everyone recently. I've been trying to reach out. I've been trying hard. I don't seem to connect with anyone, though. It gets so depressing sometimes. Is it really that hard to find a nice girl who actually wants to go out with me and spend a bit of time with me?

It can't be about the girl. You can't base your happiness on the mere existence of some girl. I know it's tempting - I'm always falling in that trap.

But for both your sake's. Make your reason for living, and being happy to live, internal. Cause ironically, it's highly unlikely someone will love you before you love life, just as it is.

i've always been of the assumption that women my age aren't looking for a relationship, and are just looking for a good time. I don't know what you are desperately searching for, but that's what I'm having trouble finding...

All the time my man, all the time. Like others said though, you've got to fix it aside from any women. It will just come back after awhile if you don't. The honeymoon always ends, then you're left with the same old demons running around in your head. I haven't fixed mine yet either, but I can tell you that finding a woman is not a permanent fix. I will admit being loved never hurts the situation.

Think about this though, no matter how bad life gets, it's still better than not having ever lived. Given how long we're alive, compared to the age of the universe, life doesn't even last for a split second. IMO, life is an experience worth having and we're lucky at the end of the day to be able to experience it, even with all the crap that it throws at us.

There, that's my positive thought for the day. :)

• Author

While I would love to have a girl in my life or even just get laid now and then, that isn't the only thing I'm banking on.

What I'm also saying is that these other things that make me happy and give me hope seem to be falling apart as well, along with what's going on with me socially. Being able to perform a show that I thought was adequate or finally getting a good recording in would make me just as happy. I've been congested all winter and my voice has taken a hit from some throat illness. My left ear recently suffered permanent hearing damage, which makes it so hard to hear how I really sound. I hate it. My sport isn't going great either, and school isn't going as well as I hoped.

Bah, enough ranting. I guess I just needed to vent about how everything seems to be going wrong at once. When it rains, it pours, you know?

blondesmiler

Hey I feel for you, am in a similar situation to yours. I would like someone in my life, like you even something not that serious. I know that is not the be all and end all and there certainly is more too life, but it doesn't stop you yearning for compainionship, affection, love, passion etc

I have stopped dating for the time being, I am going to get out and enjoy myself as much as I can (it is hard always going to alot of things by myself but better than not doing it at all!) and that am going to go on a good holiday with my friend. Basically have some nice things to focus on, like you I feel totally unfulfied at the moment but only one person can change that...me. Same goes for you hun.

x

• Author
Hey I feel for you, am in a similar situation to yours. I would like someone in my life, like you even something not that serious. I know that is not the be all and end all and there certainly is more too life, but it doesn't stop you yearning for compainionship, affection, love, passion etc

I have stopped dating for the time being, I am going to get out and enjoy myself as much as I can (it is hard always going to alot of things by myself but better than not doing it at all!) and that am going to go on a good holiday with my friend. Basically have some nice things to focus on, like you I feel totally unfulfied at the moment but only one person can change that...me. Same goes for you hun.

x

You're right.

It just feels like everyone is getting it on. It feels like I'm so behind. I mean, it seems like most normal people my age have had relations with the opposite sex for several years already. I feel like I'm missing out because I'm weird and different.

It seems like girls want every guy around me except for me, like they navigate right around me and go straight for other guys.

I might spend a month or so not talking when I go outside eat/class/practice and spend whatever free time I have inside playing piano. I've always kinda knew it, but not nearly as well as guitar. I've been wanting to increase my skill, as I have some really good ideas for it that would work much better on piano.