Tired of being lonely

I was in a 5 year relationship which ended roughly 3 years ago :(

I know the past is the past, I care so much about my ex... but I know that if it's meant to be it will. We don't really speak, other than occasional e-mails regarding bills. He is with a new girl in another state. I accepted this.

I dated someone for 5 months, but I ended that relationship as I did not see it going anywhere, and pointless to drag it out.

I get out some on the weekends and do fun and enjoyable things with my friends. I have a few offers from people that want to date me, but I'm not intereseted in them that way, so I keep things on a friend level... being very clear with them so as not to mislead them.

I wanted a break from the dating/relationship scene. Recentlyit me like a ton of briks, I miss have a steady boyfriend. I miss the warm body in my bed, I miss cooking for my boy and doing laundry. I miss my kiss goodnight, and the smiling face in the morning. This is not a sex thing... although that would be nice also! I feel lonely and sad at times. Don't get my wrong, I have plenty of friends and I'm not a hermit... but I am a little shy when I go out to clubs and stuff, I'm not an attention seeker... and I'm not too sure that I'd want to make some barfly my boyfriend.

I've NEVER had a problem with getting a boyfriend (not to sound stuck up), but I feel like I've hit a drout! Has anyone gone through something similar? How did you overcome?

To make matters more confusing, a good friend of mine (also an ex) happened to mention to me that he still thinks about me. He currently has a girlfriend, and I did not interpert that he intended on cheating or anything... Him and I are still good friends, but his comment kind of caught me off guard and I wound up with him stuck in my head for days! I only reminissed on what a great relationship we had, I had NO intentions on having him leave his g/f or cheat... it was just plesant memories.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

I tried the internet dating sites to meet someone, as my school here only had one girl in it! My resources as in friends of friends had run dry. Atleast give it a try. Just BE CAREFUL.

I did meet someone, and the relationship is very good.

Bill

Dry spells....I am the master of those. They used to be quite frequent. They really piss me off too. When I'm seeing somebody, it seems every woman in the world is interested. When I'm by myself, I can't pay a woman to look at me. If I take a date to a party, there's always five beautiful single women eyeing me over and nothing I can do about it. If I go to a party alone, the ladies won't give me a second look. Go figure!

I think it's all a matter of what sort of vibrations we toss out into the world and the actions we take. The very second you stop caring about whether or not you have a s/o or partner of any kind, someone will come into your life. If you think about this a lot or obsess about it, your dry spell will continue.

It seems the opposite sex is always attracted to those which others are attracted to as well. So the best thing is to find yourself attractive first and be very happy with your life. When that happens, the men will beat a path to your door.

Don't screw up your mind reading all kinds of crap into stuff your friends and exes say to you. Just go about your life and look forward to the future. An ex is an ex, especially if they have a girlfriend, and don't read anything whatsoever into flirtatious remarks they make.

Sit tight, have a positive attitude, enjoy your own company, don't really care a lot one way or the other...and I give you my word you'll have more men after you than you know what to do with.

By the way, one day when you really miss cooking...send me a private message...I really miss eating home cooking myself. We could be a match made in heaven (lol).

Stop looking! Get your mind off men! Can you think of anything else to fulfill your time that you could enjoy and would make you happy?

I was in a r/s for many years and during the first year after we separated I felt allot like what your describing. I felt odd being in an empty house. No one to cook for and take care off. No one to wake me anymore with a back rub or someone to tickle my feet when I watch TV. Allot adds up.

I would recommend finding something to occupy your time and be patient on your future mate. Just look at like this is the time to evolve, make any major changes in your life, prepare for your future, whatever. Than let nature help you with Mr. Right.

In the mean time you just need something to keep you busy. There were many of nights I have laid in bed and cried because I needed a warm body to cuddle with. By day such a busy bee I have no time to even think of a partner.

When you least expect it is when you meet someone who wants to spend time with you. I'm sure you have heard it before, but it is the truth.

I suggest getting involved in an organization in the community were you might just meet other single people. This is a much better way to meet new people/guys and something helping childern, homeless, animals ect. will tend to attract someone other than the bar fly type. Talk a girlfriend into doing it with you.

Forget about the ex, he became an ex for a reason...and do you really want someone who would even say that while in a relationship.

You sound like a lot of my girlfriends, who really just want to find the right guy and not have to look anymore. One friend has met a few really pretty great guys via the internet. They always say it was a dare or something, but it's really nothing to be ashamed of, these days it's getting harder and harder to meet people.

Good luck,

Kdawn