Do guys like the direct approach?

Vegas Baby

With telling a guy that you like him? Do guys prefer girls to come out & say that they like them instead of major flirting? Do some guys not get the hint that you like them even when you flirt like crazy? How can you tell a guy likes you and do they like when a girl is upfront with them?

Some guys will tell a girl that they like it, but they'll usually end up dumping that girl for the one they have to chase. Do not tell a guy that you like him, and don't chase him in any way whatsoever. I'm sure this is going to stir up the usual controversy about modern romance. I'm just telling you what a guy's nature is like and the majority of them do not like to be pursued in any way, shape or form. And if you are with them, you'll never be sure about why he didn't pursue you. Yes, I know there are exceptions to this, I'm just stating what's typical. If you want to stick your neck out and take your chances, go ahead. Just understand that it's a huge risk.

Here is one fact that's certain - if you think he hasn't noticed you, he has. If he wants to be with you or date you, he'll ask. Thats all you need to know.

It largely depends on the person, some people are very perceptive to body language cues. However, some may need to be told. I personally love girls who flirt. I wouldn't want someone to blatantly walk up to me and tell me they like me. It gives me an unfair advantage in that I know that the person has an emotional attachment to me and I may expolit this advantage. If I like someone, I flirt back and keep excellent eye contact. I will generally ask her out if I have time.

• Author

good info....

quick question....i found out (about a guy that i like) that the last girl he dated had to make the first move. so in a case like that, what do you think?

good info....

quick question....i found out (about a guy that i like) that the last girl he dated had to make the first move. so in a case like that, what do you think?

I think they're not together anymore because he was never that interested in her in the first place - which is why she had to make the move. Even if she was the one to break it off, it was probably because he lacked the passion to keep it alive and did something to make her want to end it. You're playing with fire by approaching a man first. If he's interested in you, he'll let you know.

Ask him to hang out. If i'm attracted to someone, I will make time for her. Sometimes it's flattering for a girl to ask a guy out. It hasn't happened to me often, but when it has I thought it was really sweet and took a good amount of confidence.

I forgot to give you some insight into a hypothetical situation. Ask him to hang out. Do not ask him out. Just say something like we should hang out or chill sometime. If I were attracted to someone who asked me to hang out I would make plans. For example:

Girl: We should chill sometime

Boy: Sure that sounds great, how about Saturday. I'll make plans.

Girl: Ok that sounds good.

Boy: We should exchange numbers so I can call you to confirm.

This is an example of a good scenario.

Don't ask him on a date just to hang out. This way you can see how assetive he is and whether he likes you or not.

If I wasn't interested:

Girl: We should hang out some time.

Boy: Maybe, I'm not sure if I have time...

Girl: Ok, We'll let me know.

Boy: Ok no problem...

i don't mind the direct approach from a woman that i like...but usually its from women that i don't like.

Vegas Baby, it's not about what guys like or not. It's about what you want to do or not. Doing something that's opposite to your nature is usually transparent to people because your discomfort level will show through. As well, why pretzel yourself for someone else? It's self-defeating.

Having said that, IF being yourself always ends unsuccessfully, then you have some internal searching to do, as to what's the root cause of your lack of success with the opposite gender.

No girl ever has told me she likes me just like that, so I'm not sure how I'll feel. Probably flattered for the moment but might think she probably says this to many other guys too. So I may have some doubts about her.

Don't tell him anything! He might think you're desperate. Flirting is enough. He'll know if you're interested. And if he's interested, you'll know too!

I'm not a guy, but I think it depends on what you consider a "first move".

Walking up to a guy and telling him that you love him will most likely blow up in your face. However, asking for his number or something like that will most likely get a positive reaction. So really, it depends on what move you're talking about.

Walking up to a guy and telling him that you love him will most likely blow up in your face. However, asking for his number or something like that will most likely get a positive reaction. So really, it depends on what move you're talking about.

to me the "direct approach" is a woman making good eye contact and giving a big smile.

many women that are attracted to a man can't even do that...

With telling a guy that you like him? Do guys prefer girls to come out & say that they like them instead of major flirting? Do some guys not get the hint that you like them even when you flirt like crazy? How can you tell a guy likes you and do they like when a girl is upfront with them?

OP, can't speak for your age group, but older, mature men prefer the honest approach. Your words and your actions need to match. I personally despise mixed messages, e.g. the woman who flirts like a wh*re and then blows the guy off when he becomes interested. That's just a self-indulgent ego-feed. Double despise it when she's married ;)

Seriously, whatever your natural approach is, keep it consistent. If you're consistently receptive, be clear about that. If consistently aggressive, be clear about that. Don't waffle. Waffles get stale fast :)