Long-term relationships with older women?

fral945

Have any of you guys had a successful long-term relationship with an older woman? Or women, have you had a successful long-term relationship with a younger man? I know there are plenty of flings with younger men and older women, but how about long-term or marriage type relationships?

I ask because I think I'm becoming involved in that type of situation and just wanted to hear some opinions from those who have experienced it.

my partner is 5 years younger than I. We're both very happy.

I'm the female, by the way, and my partner is male. :)

A male friend of mine was married for 17 years to a woman 5 years his senior. I don't find this reunion any different from any other relationship however. Will probably face the normal ups and downs, and again it's up to the two people involved to make it work.

My bf is 3 years younger. It's not a huge gap, but it works for us, we both act like we're 16 most of the time anyways.

What kind of gap are you talking about?

5 years or less is IMO not even an 'older women-younger men' type of relationship.. it's the same age as far as I'm concerned..

I almost got married to my last ex who was 12 years younger.. I met him when I was 45 he was 32. We lived 5 years together and I finally decided to move out a year before we were to get married..

Before him I had a fling with a guy who was 18 years younger..but it only lasted for about 6 weeks.

From then on... I only dated younger guys and sometimes waaay younger.. Right now my younger MM is 31 years younger.. he's 25 and I'm 56.. he knows that I'm older than his mom.. and he's OK with it.. we've been seeing each other for over 4 years now.

I dated tons of younger men, anywhere from 31 to 12 years younger....

Do I believe in long term.. not at all.. not more than I believe in long term for people the same age.. I just don't think 2 people can be together for a lifetime and being faithful.. it just doesn't make sense to me..

Today I got a phone call from my East Indian 'beauty' that I dumped a few months ago.. he left me a message saying he won't give up.. (he's 20 years younger).. he wants a serious relationship.. and I don't. :o

• Author
Do I believe in long term.. not at all.. not more than I believe in long term for people the same age.. I just don't think 2 people can be together for a lifetime and being faithful.. it just doesn't make sense to me..

You might be right, Lizzie. But I'd like to give it a try before I say it won't work. :laugh:

Have you ever had any sexual incompatibility with younger guys? (Like them wanting it more than you?)

Lizzie,

If the guy is 20 years younger, most likely he is calling to get some, and he is a poor and shameless liar, trying to say he wants a serious relationship. Some men really say ANYTHING no matter how ridiculous. Ask him to buy you a ring, and see what he says.

You might be right, Lizzie. But I'd like to give it a try before I say it won't work. :laugh:

Have you ever had any sexual incompatibility with younger guys? (Like them wanting it more than you?)

I am not saying it won't work for you.. I'm just saying it won't work on a long term basis... and it's not just because of the age gap.. it ALL long term relationships.. ;)

I can't say that I had sexual incompability with any younger guys.. but the problem with SOME (very few) younger guys were the premature ejaculation.. they were just too excited.. :laugh: I wanted it just as much as they wanted it.. so that wasn't a problem..

Younger doesn't necessarily mean 'better' but I would take a younger guy over a guy my age any time.. ;)

5 years or less is IMO not even an 'older women-younger men' type of relationship.. it's the same age as far as I'm concerned..

Math wasn't your strong point at school was it?

Five years is nothing. Both my sisters have been married to men five years their junior..one for 30 years and the other for fifteen. I have also had a relationship with a man five years younger that lasted five years. Our break-up had asbsolutely nothing to do with age. I also know couples with a ten year difference who have been marreid a long time.

Anything over five years and the going starts to get rougher as perspectives and mentality are worlds apart. That is not to say that even that can't work if the basis is a strong one.

Math wasn't your strong point at school was it?

Ha.. I won't say what I think your weak point was at school... :laugh:

Ha.. I won't say what I think your weak point was at school... :laugh:

English? Most likely, it is not my first language. Secondly that's a poor attempt to redeem yourself. Tell me, what law in Math allows the number 5 to equate to the same value as 0? I'm interested in learning about this thesis.

I Luv the Chariot OH

I agree, there's not much (if any) generational difference in only five years. My bf and I are five years apart, and I've never even considered it an age difference.

My mom just had a one night stand with a guy thirty years!!! younger. Go my mom!

torranceshipman

Krajt, it was a joke-nobody is meant to take the comment about 0 to 5 yrs difference being the same age-it was just illustratig a point that they might as well be the same age as 5yrs is very little of an age gap..:D

Krajt, it was a joke-nobody is meant to take the comment about 0 to 5 yrs difference being the same age-it was just illustratig a point that they might as well be the same age as 5yrs is very little of an age gap..:D

WOW.. I never thought we had to explain this notion as thoroughly.. :laugh:

I have only dated older a few times but I was in my late teens at the time, so older was early twenties.

The age difference is only important if it is bothering you or your woman.

If cases of small age differences, I don't see much, of a problem.

Would I do it?

No, but that's just me.

By the way, how much older are we talking about here?

How old are you?

It's half a decade. So it's okay for 13 year old to screw an 8 year old, oh well it's just 5 years! What is wrong with North America?

It's half a decade. So it's okay for 13 year old to screw an 8 year old, oh well it's just 5 years! What is wrong with North America?

WOW.. just WOW... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How old are you?

It's not okay for a 13 year old to be screwing anyone, and it's not okay for anyone to be screwing an 8 year old! That is not a North American problem.

The significance of the gap definately changes with age. A 16 year old dating a 21 year old is different from a 43 year old dating a 48 year old.

In any case, I think if both parties are willing participants - and of legal age - it's all good.

Besides, with women's sexual peak being in their 30's, and men's being in their late teens, it only makes sense. Better to have a stud who can keep up with you, than a dud.

Age gaps matter at the beginning, and they matter at the end. but in the middle, they have very little significance.

To illustrate:

My mother is 11 years younger than my father.

He would never in all his born days started dating her when he was 22, but at age 33, he married her.

3 grown-up kids later, they've been together 55 years this year.

Now, my dad is 87 and my mother is 76.

She's become his carer, and looks after him, as he's almost completely physically infirm, though his mind is a sharp as a rapier.....

That's the point Krajt is making.

but I think the main focus on the discussion is dating with large age differences whilst both people are comfortably over the age of consent.

Why don't we focus on that, huh? ;)

I Luv the Chariot OH
5 years is different to 0 years, therefore there is a difference, go back to school and learn Math.

I don't know if you're just being a dick or you actually don't understand the point that's being made, but for adults (which we hopefully all are), being five years older is "basically" equivalent to being the same age, because for adults that age gap is unnoticably small.

I don't know if you're just being a dick or you actually don't understand the point that's being made, but for adults (which we hopefully all are), being five years older is "basically" equivalent to being the same age, because for adults that age gap is unnoticably small.

It's not the same age, 5 years is different. If someone is 22 and their boyfriend is 23, then how are they the same age, he is a year older. Mentally, they are on the same wavelength, but they are not the same age.

There are precisely 5 years between my partner and me.

They are currently completely insignificant, because inspite of the fact that there are 5 chronological years between us, mentally, emotionally, financially, practically, romantically, physically, spiritually, - there is no discernible difference. At all.

We feel equal. We look equal. We are equal.

We do the same things, are capable of the same things and communicate on the same level.

I would not have dated him when I was 16.

I am happy to date him now.

Could we knock this on the head now...? :mad: