I said i love you too soon

Gina

just don't say it any more. or at least until he says it.

I have just told my wonderful boyfriend (dating 3 months) that i love him and i'm scarred i've frightened him off. What should i do?

naw, i think he'll eventually assume that you were getting carried away. i'd just forget about it

We were being intimate at the time my mouth ran away with me - i feel a need to tell him i'm sorry for saying it, do you think it would make matters worse?

Telling someone you care about how you feel is a natural thing. I don't think you were too soon in expressing yourself. If that should somehow scare him, that's his problem.

You owe a duty to yourself and the people around you to be honest with your feelings and to share them. You have absolutely no power over how other people react to your revelations and that should not be your concern.

We live in an age when any moment could be our last. Nothing should ever remain unsaid when it comes to love.

I agree with Tony. I believe in saying what I feel and not to consider in a calculating way if its too soon or too late, the feeling is there when it is. Your bf might be happy or scared by your expression of love, be it in the first couple months of dating or after whatever you would consider an appropriate time (6 months? a year? or whatever)

But then we dont have the ritualised dating in middle and northern Continental Europe as you seem to have in the States and in the UK. Wish you luck and I wouldnt hide my feelings if I was you.>

I agree with others that hiding your feelings is no good, so nothing bad happened. However, i wouldn't say it to him all the time ... UMM - what slips out in a moment of passion isn't usually taken too seriously, i dont think...

-yes

I have just told my wonderful boyfriend (dating 3 months) that i love him and i'm scarred i've frightened him off. What should i do?

I agree too with Tony!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is too short to hold back on feelings. If you love him by all means tell him that you do. I had been with this guy for about 6 months and I knew that he was the one and I told him that I loved him and in this relationship I did scare him, but in the end everything turned out that I wanted to happen. We are still together after four years and I am so happy that I told him how I felt, because in turn he really opened up to me and told me that he loved me also.(Some men are shy of the L word and committment and this is normal, but once the guy knows how you feel about him, he will open up).

Go with your heart.

Some men are easy to shake up when comes to saying the Love word. If you sense that you did, than just SHOW him you love him. But I would let him be the next to tell you he loves ya. He's version of it may be alot quicker. But dont worry about it, let him unwind, and give it more time.

I agree with others that hiding your feelings is no good, so nothing bad happened. However, i wouldn't say it to him all the time ... UMM - what slips out in a moment of passion isn't usually taken too seriously, i dont think... -yes

i feel a lot better now, by the way i'm new to the love shack, a little background for anyone who'll listern - i'm british living in states (dont know how long for, depends if immigration will let me stay), divorced, met the man of my dreams and dont want to screw up. he's the 1st i've had feelings for since my divorce. theres a few glitches here and there but now that i've found this site hopefully i can get the advice ive been looking for. you seem like a good lot. i'm a bit void of friends here in the States so you probably be hearing a lot more from me - hope u dont mind.

You are welcome here anytime. But don't be so uptight about this dream man you've met. Just be yourself. If he can't handle that, he's NOT your dream man.

thank you tony, its nice to be welcomed. is it really being uptight to worry about what i've said? when we 1st met he was saying all these kinds of things to me and i told him not to cuz it rolled off his tongue too easily, i told him to say this stuff only when he really meant it. when i told him i loved him i got no reply, left me a little confused (worried that he didnt want to hear it) but also good that he didnt reply with the same just because i said it.

You are welcome here anytime. But don't be so uptight about this dream man you've met. Just be yourself. If he can't handle that, he's NOT your dream man.

the story so far - last sunday i told my man that i loved him, i was so worried it would scare him away but you were right when you said go with it. the man of my dreams came home friday (he's in another state during the week and comes over to my place at weekends)he said the big "I LOVE YOU". right now i'm hurting because he's left again till next week but i'm happily enjoying the warm glo i'm feeling from hearing those words.

...be happy that you're in a very content place right now.

enjoy missing him. it makes you so much more appreciative and gives you something to look forward to constantly.

enjoy!!!