What did I do wrong

Karlee

Hope everyone is having a nice Valentine's Day. I sure as hell won't. Last night I was feeling very very sick and my b/f knew that. He wanted to go out for coffee and I said that I did not want to go and he likes when we go out it gives us a chance to really talk. So after I grumbled a bit I went out with him and because I was sick I was not too much company, so he got pissed off and would no longer talk to me all night and when we went to bed he would not talk to me and he never said good night and still this morning he is not talking to me.

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong? I was sick that is not my fault...Right??? MAybe someone can see an underline reason why he is ticked off..

Oh well so much for having a nice Valentine's romantic night...with someone who will not talk to me...

Take care people

Thanks for all the help and comments

you people are the best

First of all, your relationship has a critical and massive communication problem.

If you have to ask people on the World Wide Web why your boyfriend won't talk to you when we have no idea who he is, who you are, or whatever, that's terribly sad and also impossible for us to know.

You're going to have to ask your boyfriend why he won't talk to you. He's the only one in the universe who knows. God may not know because he/she is smart enough not to get involved in domestic issues.

Secondly, if you were not able to communicate to your boyfriend that you were feeling ill or if he was not able to understand that fact or care one small hoot, he may have a brain deficiency and may be in sore need of a neurologist or perhaps some remedial behavior and cognitive therapy. Most men would fully understand and be very empathetic if their girlfriend was not feeling well.

My suspicion is that your boyfriend is a no good, rotten, selfish bxstard who doesn't care about anybody but himself. If that's the case, you're either in for a lifetime of pain and abuse or you're about to smarten up and go find a more kind, understanding, giving and communicative boyfriend who is capable of discussing problems with you if he has them rather than give you the most inconsiderable, disrectful, idiotic, and immature silent treatment. His behavior is that of a selfish, rotten, spoiled child...which is what his mentality very well may be.

To answer your question, you didn't do anything wrong...unless you just didn't make it clear that you were not feeling well or if you didn't tell him in an acceptable way.

But you will be VERY WRONG if you put up with this for long and if you don't lay the basis for much better communication in the future as well as receipt of more consideration from your guy.

I do hope that you are feeling better today and, if not, I wish you a speedy recovery.

There is hope for you. I promise you most guys have the brains and heart to have empathy and consideration for others, even strangers, who are not feeling well.

You may not have a great Valentine's Day today...but I do hope you find happiness in love in the future and that all your days on this planet will one day be one big, giant, whopping Valentine's celebration.

Get well soon!!!

Thanks Tony for the insight

I was just feeling so confused about what happened and I wanted to know that I never did anything wrong..I knew that..And you are right

I think that he is a liar and even though he says he loves me and he cares about me I think he is saying these things because he knows that I want to hear them

And thanks I am feeling better I just hate it when a man who I love very much goes to bed and does not say goodnight

Thanks I feel better

If you are in a relationship you are one lucky guy

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

I'm not sure you did anything wrong. From what you said, the only thing you may have done wrong was to allow yourself to feel guilty because of his selfish, childish behavior.

I was sick that is not my fault...Right???

No, it is not your fault. It's his fault. And from what you have described of him so far...he is making me sick too!

MAybe someone can see an underline reason why he is ticked off..

I don't know what his reason is for acting this way. It could be he is: selfish, childish and immature.

Oh well so much for having a nice Valentine's romantic night...with someone who will not talk to me...

Look on the bright side. If you were looking forward to having a romantic Valentine's evening, you must be feeling better.

There is someone in the world that hopes you have a good day today. Me!

Happy Valentine's Day

You're quite welcome and I'm glad you're feeling better.

When you feel up to it, you've got some serious work to do on this relationship you're in. Good luck.

hi karlee,

i don't know how this situation has panned out (it now being feb 15), but if he ever behaves like this again, put it down to plain immaturity.

i've said it before to people, and i'll say it again...why the hell should we walk around with a damn grin on our face all day like clowns in a fun park?

personally, i'm a bit of a grumble-bum when i'm not feeling well. i'm actually not feeling very well today and have certainly had my moments. nothing personal...just not in the mood to put up with crap because feeling like crap is enough for me at the moment.

don't let his silly problem become yours. unless of course there's something you've left out of your post, i think he's behaving like a childish twat.

best wishes and don't worry about this valentine's day....it's just one of many and it's not the be all and end all day of the year. just get over it.

best wishes :)

HI

I want to take this time to apologize to all the people in this forum that I have offended with my rude and lack of respect. I had no right to offend anyone in here and I am sorry. My boyfriend Dave pointed out to me last night at our candlelight Valentine's Dinner that lately I have been pretty snotty with him and he is right. Instead of me talking to him or other people about the real issue I seem to just jump and bark back with rude remarks and etc. I guess I just did not realize this and maybe I was just denying it. So to all you people in here I am deeply sorry and I will not ever hurt you again. PLease forgive me.

I have also showed the forum to Dave and he agrees that I was rude and he is right...

And to Dave!!

Thanks for being the great man that you are!Looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you!!And as you say I am the love of your life, thanks for making me realize that. I am looking forward to our night out tonight...7 more hours .....Love you babe

I think it's pretty pompous of you to think you have the power to hurt anybody. People are in charge of their own emotions. If they choose to be hurt by what you say or write, that's their problem.

Any person who visits this forum who gives enough power to an anonymous person to let them cause pain or hurt in their lives is certifiably insane.

Your apology is completely unnecessary. If anybody was hurt by anything you said or wrote here, that's their signal to get psychological help ASAP. You did them a favor and they ought to be thanking you.

It never ceases to amaze me how people give so much power to words on a computer screen.

I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day after all. Between you acting snotty and barking back and him being ticked off and giving you the silent treatment, it didn't look to promising.

I hope ya'll are both through with all that, for good!

HI I want to take this time to apologize to all the people in this forum that I have offended with my rude and lack of respect. I had no right to offend anyone in here and I am sorry. My boyfriend Dave pointed out to me last night at our candlelight Valentine's Dinner that lately I have been pretty snotty with him and he is right. Instead of me talking to him or other people about the real issue I seem to just jump and bark back with rude remarks and etc. I guess I just did not realize this and maybe I was just denying it. So to all you people in here I am deeply sorry and I will not ever hurt you again. PLease forgive me. I have also showed the forum to Dave and he agrees that I was rude and he is right... And to Dave!! Thanks for being the great man that you are!Looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you!!And as you say I am the love of your life, thanks for making me realize that. I am looking forward to our night out tonight...7 more hours .....Love you babe

Well, did you ever find out what he wanted to talk about.

Men can be picky about when they are ready to spill guts.

I agree that dragging you out when your staying in cause your sick is exhausting. Somthing is missing to the story.

What was the reason behind him making you go out.

Next time something like that happens ask him if he would pick up the coffee and bring back to the house.

Some men arent easy to talk to, maybe he just wanted to get into a comfort zone to talk to ya.

Like when my ex wants to talk, and it is hard to drag anything out of him. I get in the mood to pop popcorn and fill up on a tall fountain drink because listening to what he has to say is like settling down to watch a movie.

hi karlee, i don't know how this situation has panned out (it now being feb 15), but if he ever behaves like this again, put it down to plain immaturity.

i've said it before to people, and i'll say it again...why the hell should we walk around with a damn grin on our face all day like clowns in a fun park? personally, i'm a bit of a grumble-bum when i'm not feeling well. i'm actually not feeling very well today and have certainly had my moments. nothing personal...just not in the mood to put up with crap because feeling like crap is enough for me at the moment. don't let his silly problem become yours. unless of course there's something you've left out of your post, i think he's behaving like a childish twat. best wishes and don't worry about this valentine's day....it's just one of many and it's not the be all and end all day of the year. just get over it. best wishes :)

Thanks for apologizing, I was very hurt by what you said to me. But now I'm all better. Apology accepted.

HI I want to take this time to apologize to all the people in this forum that I have offended with my rude and lack of respect. I had no right to offend anyone in here and I am sorry. My boyfriend Dave pointed out to me last night at our candlelight Valentine's Dinner that lately I have been pretty snotty with him and he is right. Instead of me talking to him or other people about the real issue I seem to just jump and bark back with rude remarks and etc. I guess I just did not realize this and maybe I was just denying it. So to all you people in here I am deeply sorry and I will not ever hurt you again. PLease forgive me. I have also showed the forum to Dave and he agrees that I was rude and he is right... And to Dave!! Thanks for being the great man that you are!Looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you!!And as you say I am the love of your life, thanks for making me realize that. I am looking forward to our night out tonight...7 more hours .....Love you babe

You gave a mixed message! You told him you were sick and went. You did not have fun and he knew it!! It might have been better to say, "I am sick and cant go out; but I will make it up another time! If he got mad. It is his problem not yours. Why would one want to make his special someone go out when they are not well. He could have stayed home and saw to your comfort. I bet he would have reaped the benifit of that when you got well!!

Hope everyone is having a nice Valentine's Day. I sure as hell won't. Last night I was feeling very very sick and my b/f knew that. He wanted to go out for coffee and I said that I did not want to go and he likes when we go out it gives us a chance to really talk. So after I grumbled a bit I went out with him and because I was sick I was not too much company, so he got pissed off and would no longer talk to me all night and when we went to bed he would not talk to me and he never said good night and still this morning he is not talking to me. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong? I was sick that is not my fault...Right??? MAybe someone can see an underline reason why he is ticked off.. Oh well so much for having a nice Valentine's romantic night...with someone who will not talk to me... Take care people Thanks for all the help and comments you people are the best