too early?

Bianca

I started dating a guy (Matt) this past week and he has already mentioned something about us going on Spring Break together. I felt really flattered but I dont know. I really like this guy but I havent really known him that long. He got out of a bad relationship about 2-3 months ago where his long term gf cheated on him. He told me that honestly he still loves her but he is over her (and the only way he would go back with her is if she changed and he said he doesnt ever see that happen). I got out of a relationship about a year ago where my long term bf tried to control everything I did and he would get angry if I wanted to go spend time with my friends, even though he spent time with his.

Matt and I spent the weekend together (no sex) and we had a great time, but I dont know if I am ready to go on a trip with him. I know Spring Break is a bit away and we will have time to "get to know each other better", and we already have a lot in common (not too much). We both want to take our "relationship" slow and try to do things right, so do you guys think that it is too early to go away together for a week?

Okay, first things first, he says he is over her but still loves her. Then he isn't over her. He still loves her. Which means he isn't over her, you are only over someone when you don't love them anymore. I am twenty five and have just got divorced. I don't love my ex so that means I am over him. You need to think about it like that. You seem to like him and I can understand why you are putting the brakes on a little bit. You also don't seem to be ready for a heavy relationship. Just tell him the truth, that you don't feel ready for a lenghty relationship. Better to tell him now than let it get out of hand.

spring break is far to nutty to agree to after a week.

Implicit in that is he wants to get laid and raise hell with you.

Which is fine, but a little early to suggest such a think after a week.

Why not agree to go to a movie instead?