is my gf no longer interested? or did i read wrong?

i asked my gf before if she would like to go out tomorow (friday) or saturday as we usually go out every weekend. and she texted me back saying this >

"aye i will, aww i'll give u a massage! hmm i cant tomorow im going shopping n saturday im going to a carnival. love u x x x"

so is this just her saying 'sorry dont like u anymore'.. even tho the start of the msg sounds like she does like me :S

i texted back going "o right nvm then have a good weekend, who are you going with, im going to sleep" and a few other things.. making it seem like i wasnt really important to her weekend anymore. maybe i was being selfish but i was hurt.

--------------

but anyway after that she then sent this back

"i dont know what time i'll be back on saturday so we could still see eachother or on sunday because i dont start work til tuesday because i miss you and really want to see you, im goin with my friend clare. night night darling sweet dreams love u x x x"

but then i think maybe she is saying this to not make me feel bad?

i didnt text back, i just went to sleep

do i text back or wait for her to text me?

what do you guys think?

thanks for any help and advice

Lauriebell82

I don't think there is anything wrong with what she said. Sounds like you are being a tad paranoid. She said she loved you and missed you and wanted to see you. She said she had other plans, but still wanted to see you when she had free time. What is the problem here?

I Luv the Chariot OH

You think she's not interested in you anymore because she has other plans, even though she said she missed and loved you? Really?

Are you just really bored and wanting to make threads?

My god, does anybody ever use the phone anymore? Just reading that stuff gives me a headache :D

I use the phone! How else can I text my wife? I also use it for email, event planning, address book, and of course games/music. I keep thinking it has some other function, but it's escaping me right now.

OP, you are worried too much about her having plans. With one possible exception, did she tell you who she's going to the carnival with? Did I miss that?

She loves and misses you and wants to hang out in her spare time. I think you are just fine and need to relax a little. She would probably be suprised to learn you were even worried about it. Just enjoy your next date and you will find it wasn't so important.

Good luck, bud!

I append my rant to "Does anyone ever *talk* on the phone?" :D

Call me old-fashioned, but I would never ask out a lady, girlfriend, wife whatever via text. My wife and I talk every day, often many times a day and the text function on my cell has never been used and I can type 90wpm as my post volume here reflects.

My point is the OP is reading things into texting that would be otherwise perfectly clear if he and his GF talked on the phone. I'm going to go with that opinion :)

You can talk on the phone?! Does it talk back?

I think both phone and text conversations have their place. Sometimes you don't need a whole conversation or can't be vocal cuz yer at work. Other times there is a lot to say.

I Luv the Chariot OH
Call me old-fashioned, but I would never ask out a lady, girlfriend, wife whatever via text. My wife and I talk every day, often many times a day and the text function on my cell has never been used and I can type 90wpm as my post volume here reflects.

Typing speed is nothing related to texting speed, GEEZ!!!

You sound needy and clingy. That isn't attractive. She needs time with her friends on the weekends too so give her a break.

I am posting here from my BlackBerry

Yes, I'm sitting next to you in the SilverKris lounge in Singapore posting from my laptop :D

Seriously, it's the why and not the how. This thread wouldn't exist if the OP had actually called and talked (that's voice, not text) to his GF. The immediacy and intimacy of voice contact promotes a more honest and less reflective response, at least in people who care about each other.

dang OP.

go out and have fun yourself and give your lady some space before she starts thinking you're a control freak....then you really will lose her. :p

• Author

hi well thanks for the responses but im afriad i havent heard anything off her since thursday :(

correction:

this was the actual text i sent on thurs >

"o right =\ nvm then. who r u goin with? hmm okay well hope you have a nice weekend anyway, im off to sleep, night hun, sweet dreams x x x"

so its up to you if u clas that msg as bitter? if it is then that might be why she is msging me and was angry i dont know..

anyway i texted her on saturday saying "have a good time today hun, i can still see you, please let me know when you get back or your free love you x x x"

and since that i have heard zilch..

i saw her on msn yesterday but she didnt say hi to me and i was to scared to msg her too..

i could call her but i feel kinda awkward doing that now.. it just feels like she met some other guy this week to me.. i jus have that sixth sense about it.

so questions?

what do i do next?

do i speak to her or try to ?

leave her alone and let her come to me?

thnx!

My god, does anybody ever use the phone anymore? Just reading that stuff gives me a headache :D

Isn't it the truth. No wonder everyone is getting such mixed signals. It sure gives the "easy way out" to those who want to cancel plans.

OP, I guess there is nothing wrong with what your gf did but for me, I would always make myself available on Saturday nights for my sweetie.:)

hi well thanks for the responses but im afriad i havent heard anything off her since thursday :(

correction:

"o right =\ nvm then. who r u goin with? hmm okay well hope you have a nice weekend anyway, im off to sleep, night hun, sweet dreams x x x"

so its up to you if u clas that msg as bitter? if it is then that might be why she is msging me and was angry i dont know..

anyway i texted her on saturday saying "have a good time today hun, i can still see you, please let me know when you get back or your free love you x x x"

i saw her on msn yesterday but she didnt say hi to me and i was to scared to msg her too..

i could call her but i feel kinda awkward doing that now.. it just feels like she met some other guy this week to me.. i jus have that sixth sense about it.

so questions?

what do i do next?

thnx!

Well if she's your gf then of course call her and ask what's going on? If she is just someone you are dating every now and then let her get back to you when she's ready.

correction:

so questions?

what do i do next?

thnx!

First off, I just have to ask, how old are you two? I'm curious, because I can't imagine that someone in an adult relationship would be scared to call his girlfriend. And I'm not mistaken, you did call her your girlfriend right? And you guys are saying the 'L' word.

Honestly, if you're worried she met someone else, or that you think your relationship is on the fritz, then it's either 1 of 2 things. (1) your relationship is on the fritz and you're not paranoid, or (2) you have terrible insecurity.

It's not bad to be insecure. But if you are that insecure that you can't even pick up the phone to call your girlfriend to see how her weekend was, then I don't think we can help you interpret her text messages.

Call her. Talk to her. I guarantee it will clear things up either way.

Good luck.

*ring* *ring*....

Yes, that's the sound of a phone ringing. Maybe she'll pick up :D

No drunk dialing, OK? ;)