To call or not to call! I met a new guy

confuzed25

confuzed25

ok so i am getting back into dating after breaking up with a jerk last week...we were only together for 2 and a half months so i feel like i am ready to get back out there. Well I met a guy that seems like a good catch....very attractive, dresses great, has a great job and his own home. He is 28 years old so he is more mature and ready to settle down than all the other guys I have dated aged 21-25.

I have only known him now for about 4 days, we started out texting and I've talked to him on the phone twice for very short periods of time just to say hi and to set up a date tomorrow. Well one of those times was today when we set up our lunch date tomorrow at a nice italian restaurant. He said something about me calling him later if I wanted and I said "well i have a whole lot of nothing going on tonight so I will probly give you a call."

Ok, but heres the thing....the more I think about it the more i dont want to call him tonight. For one thing I have no idea what I would say because I do not know him at all and for another thing I dont want to run out of things to talk about or find out about him tomorrow at our date. So, would it be wrong to not call him tonight? Would you be angry if you were him, and be turned off??

If you said you were going to call, you should. It only pisses us off when a girl says she going to call then doesn't. We could careless when she doesn't call otherwise.

In case you haven't been following my thread... CALL HIM. Show some freakin' attention! No games! lol :laugh:

• Author
confuzed25

ok i called at 10pm and got no answer....i left him a message saying i was calling to say hi and to give me a call tomorrow or whenever and i will see him tomorrow. hmmm maybe he was sleeping

Jilly Bean

I definitely wouldn't have called him. I am TOTALLY turned off by a guy who tells me to call him in the early stages of dating.

I was once on a bike ride, and I saw a girl I sort of knew from school driving through the neighborhood. So I chased her down, all the way to her house, chatted, gave her my number, left and pretty much forgot about her. She called.

Damn right she did.

Citizen Erased
I was once on a bike ride, and I saw a girl I sort of knew from school driving through the neighborhood. So I chased her down, all the way to her house, chatted, gave her my number, left and pretty much forgot about her. She called.

Damn right she did.

That's kind of creepy.

She'd be an idiot if she didn't though. :p

If he's really into you, it doesn't matter if you call or not. If he's really into you, he'll call you anyway.

Cherry Blossom 35
I definitely wouldn't have called him. I am TOTALLY turned off by a guy who tells me to call him in the early stages of dating.

I totally agree. Turns me off too.

Sand&Water

RE:

Eeek! You called, and got his answering machine. This should have been the signal for you not to have left a message.

Calling the man at this stage of dating is not a good idea. It's detrimental to your success. The result is either one of the following: (1) Shows that you are investing too much, too soon. And/or (2) You're too available.

Seriously, you don't have to abide by his every word. He's certainly not your father. You can do whatever you want when it comes to dating, but ringing up the man for no apparent reason to talk about the color purple and baseball is almost pointless.

He should be happy that you are willing to go out on a date with him. Therefore, you shouldn't be altering your schedule for him. You are a woman, bring out the Goddess.

Sand&Water