Nearly 40 - Why do 20 year olds keep hitting on me?

onmyownagain

onmyownagain

I have recently split from my wife of 12 years and haven't really started dating yet but I find the women who are attracted to me or try to give me their numbers are in their early 20s!! I am about to hit 40 so what the want with an old git like me? Really strange, one of our temps at work today tried to give me her number as it is her last day, she is just 20.

These girls look very nice but does seem a bit odd to me.

I have never liked anyone above 25 years old but ever since I met BF (he's 36), I find him very hot. I find men over 35 below 45 - HOT! I'm all about how one takes care of his looks and health. I notice westerners take care of their physical appearances better compared to Asian men.

Some women like older men cause they want to be taken care of and they think men 40ish are capable of doing that. I have a friend who would not date any guy below 40 cause she said men at that age, has a lot of experience and well, money.

Citizen Erased

I always find myself attracted to older men. With the exception of my boyfriend, I tend to go for the older ones. Most males my age are simply just boys. Older men are more at my intellectual level, and I would imagine that is the reason behind it for most young women.

Yeah, age is just a number. It's more intellectual and emotional compatibility. If it happens to be packaged in bodies with disparate age numbers, so be it.

I always figured the young gals who I invariably talk to when traveling see me as an innocuous "daddy" figure, so don't put much stock in their interest beyond that, though I always have enjoyed their company. I guess being married does have some bearing on things :D

Personally, I find their enthusiasm for life refreshing. That's the single biggest positive I've taken away from the experience.

OP, don't know your situation, but you could do a lot worse than having a very fertile, intelligent and enthusiastic 20 yo in your life, even as a friend :)

Angels&Airwaves

You're experienced, settled and probably have financial security, that's what most women go for in a men, then when they're 35 and you're nearing 60, they'll have an affair and take you to the cleaners, so you'd best stick with your own age group for safe measures.

You don't want to marry a Heather Mills now do you? :D

Interesting.

I like my boys young. I don't think I've ever been attracted to anyone over ~22, and that's how old I am.

Last week I nearly stat. raped someone (he was very barely legal... and a virgin :p).

Sometimes I worry that my tastes will never change.

As to your question... I dunno. Daddy issues?

Do you look good/ younger? That might be it, too.

My friend's father passed away when she was 16. She developed huge crushes on men aged 30 - 40. Dated a few around that age when she turned 18. Now, she's seeing someone who is 28.. so I don't know... was she having daddy issues?!

Angels&Airwaves

Do you look good/ younger? That might be it, too.

I have seen the most ugly 40 year old men, with a gorgeous girl and guess what they all have in common? They all had the flash car (due to their mid-life crisis) and they all had money.

The modern women are cashing in on free market economics. And how comes society frowns upon an older woman and a younger man? For example, I'd happily date someone in their early twenties as I'm in my late teens, but from what I've heard society thinks this is unacceptable. Yet a 40 year old man can date an 19 year old girl and no one batters an eye lid apart from the odd person(s)?

It must be the segment of society where you live. I don't get (nor have gotten) any sense of that inhibition (older woman/younger man) out here in Cali. I dated many older women and married one (well, she's 3 months older :) ); when I was your age, I was attracted to my friend's mothers, but I digress :D

It must be the segment of society where you live. I don't get (nor have gotten) any sense of that inhibition (older woman/younger man) out here in Cali. I dated many older women and married one (well, she's 3 months older :) ); when I was your age, I was attracted to my friend's mothers, but I digress :D

These kinds of stories give me hope that I can keep banging 19 year olds into my 60's (like Lizzie :rolleyes:).

When I was first single I had so many young dudes coming on to me! It was scary as some where the same age as my nephew! Freaky!

I had one 20 year old tell me that women deserve to be loved by men of all ages hahahhahaha

I don't see why not. I know plenty of women in their 60's who'd get my attention right now :)

My mom once said, before she became demented at age 80, that the only thing that changed for her was the reflection she saw in the mirror. Everything else (the essence of life) was ageless. Her actions proved her philosophy.

Definitely, go for it....

Inquiring minds wish to define "mess". Thoughts?

The OP doesn't appear to be giddy about the whole situation, which is likely more than I could say for myself :D

blind_otter
You're experienced, settled and probably have financial security, that's what most women go for in a men, then when they're 35 and you're nearing 60, they'll have an affair and take you to the cleaners, so you'd best stick with your own age group for safe measures.

You don't want to marry a Heather Mills now do you? :D

Oh that is such a crock. My mom was 22 years younger than my Dad and was absolutely, positively devoted to him 100%. Neither of them every cheated. ANd believe me, they had an active sex life. Afternoon naps my ass....

Heather Mills is psychotic and self-obsessed.

Anyway - OP...just try it and see if you like it. I've always been attracted to older men, myself. My SO is 37.

Angels&Airwaves
Oh that is such a crock. My mom was 22 years younger than my Dad and was absolutely, positively devoted to him 100%. Neither of them every cheated. ANd believe me, they had an active sex life. Afternoon naps my ass....

Heather Mills is psychotic and self-obsessed.

Anyway - OP...just try it and see if you like it. I've always been attracted to older men, myself. My SO is 37.

In your case my post is crock, but I bet there's been countless men who have dated much younger women only to find they run away with someone younger in a few years/decades time whilst taking them to the cleaners in the process.

i have wondered about this age thing as well. seems odd to me when a guy 20+ years younger shows interest... it makes me very uncomfortable.

sometimes my response is a simple - i'm old enough to be your mother! eeew!

Blue Eyed Brain

Well, on the opposite side... I'm near the OP age and I have 20 somethings hit on me all the time. Young men love older women! GREAT! Don't know if that's what I want, but it is lots of fun to see a younger guy dout over me.

Younger men tell me that they don't like the drama, unstablility and immaturity that younger women come with. Don't know - never dated a 20 something woman. Lol.

I just know that my act is together and I know what I want.... just need to find it. Whether young or old, the person has to have a good heart, good sense of humor and hot enough that I could melt when I look in their eyes.

I have recently split from my wife of 12 years and haven't really started dating yet but I find the women who are attracted to me or try to give me their numbers are in their early 20s!! I am about to hit 40 so what the want with an old git like me? Really strange, one of our temps at work today tried to give me her number as it is her last day, she is just 20.

These girls look very nice but does seem a bit odd to me.

Are they aware of your age? Maybe you just look young.

Are they aware that you just got out of a marriage? Maybe they are doing it to make you feel better or that now they know you are available.......

Like others have said, maybe they just want a mature man and they are sick of the 20 year old immature guys that they have dealt with.

Just take it as a compliment knowing that you are still desired.

• Author
onmyownagain
Are they aware of your age? Maybe you just look young.

Are they aware that you just got out of a marriage? Maybe they are doing it to make you feel better or that now they know you are available.......

I do look my age, even got grey hair. The one in the office today had a good guess at my age but was surprised when she found out I was single. Her words were she thought I was taken. I split from my wife in January but I certainly am not walking round feeling sorry for myself. Actually feel really good at the moment so probably giving out positive vibes.

I do look my age, even got grey hair. The one in the office today had a good guess at my age but was surprised when she found out I was single. Her words were she thought I was taken. I split from my wife in January but I certainly am not walking round feeling sorry for myself. Actually feel really good at the moment so probably giving out positive vibes.

You may not walk around feeling sorry for yourself, but people still like to assume the worst about people.

Blue Eyed Brain

Be careful. You are so vunerable and these women know it. They know that you will be easy to catch and possibly manipulate. Maybe their intentions are pure (yeah, right), but I would proceed with caution. Besides, do you really want to be the office jerk? Have your love life on display for everyone to smirk over?

An old saying: Don't ***** where you eat!

• Author
onmyownagain
Besides, do you really want to be the office jerk? Have your love life on display for everyone to smirk over?

An old saying: Don't ***** where you eat!

I am not going to date the ones from the office, made that mistake before.

I am in a responsible position and there is no way I could get away with dating a member of staff.