How long do I wait for the call.....

biscuit2007

I had a small argument over spending more time with my guy the other day. I wanted to spend the entire day with him and he was busy and wanted to spend time a little later in the evening. Instead of agreeing( I was in a needy mood) I fussed a little about spending more time. The outcome was him texting me that we should just see each other some other time and that he wasn't in the mood. That was yesterday and since then I have missed two meals, can't sleep, and talk about this with everyone. I am literally obsessing. The thing is everytime, and this is not often, I have this horrible fear that he is going to leave at the drop of a dime. It has been 5 months so far and he has even met my family on Thanksgiving. I just want to know if he is going to call and how long do I wait before just coming to terms that he doesn't want to be with me?

How do I stop worrying that he is going to leave.

Obviously some past relationship baggage here.

Racquel Colette

It's probably too late. The last thing you should do is call him. However, it is probably already over because guys don't want to put up with women who are that needy and demanding.

At least you know for next time.

I doubt if it is over. He may just need sometime. What I have came to realize and is that everyone deals with their frustrstions differently. And when he said he wants to see you some other time , thats probaly just what that means and nothing further. If he still dont call you in a couple of days then give him a call to get some kind of closure.

• Author

Thanks for the advice. I know I need to work on the whole obsessing over him leaving me all the time. So not healthy. I have been calling all of my friends and family so that I don't call him. I guess what is eating me up as well is that he couldn't possibly care about me if he just jumps ship so easily.

Racquel Colette

with some guys, it can be a very touchy time when they meet the family so you have to be careful. You freaked out about spending time together at a very crucial time when you should have done the opposite. Now he is thinking "Oh crap, what have I gotten myself into?" because he met your family on a holiday which signifies a serious relationship and now he's stepping back because you freaked on him about spending time with him 24/7.

There are so many people I know who broke up right after the visit with the parents, it's not even funny.

• Author

well regardless. He should be a man about it and just say what he doesn't want. It seems easy enough for me. We have had in the 5 months together 2 other disagreements. Each time and shut down and I was the one who picked up the phone and everything was fine after a simple hello. This time I want it to be different. I want to see how he really feels....if he really wants me. Me coming to him doesn't count.