My boyfriend lied...

caseygirl08

Ok heres the deal. Me and my boyfriend's 1 year anniversary is coming up. He's been different now than he was in the first few months. His cousin Jada had a halloween party on friday. Well she didnt invite me, but my boyfriend went. He called me before he left his home and said he was going to stay over at his cousin josh's house. Well when he called later that night he was at Jada's party. I was kinda down because he went without me. He sounded pretty bummed and said that no one was paying attention to him anyways and that he stayed inside all night insted of out at the party. Well my bestfriend Amber was at the party that night. She told me today that he was outside having a good old time with a bunch of guys ive never heard of and some girl named Nikki. Plus he was chewing tobacco, which he swore on my life that he hadnt done since thanksgiving last year. After the party Amber said that when his cousin Josh was giving her a ride home, he said that after the party him, my boyfriend, and their other cousin Paul were going to go back to his house and get drunk. My boyfriend told me that he hasnt been drinking either. I really dont know what to do. Do i let him know i know? I love this man and i really want us to work out. I dont want to lose him, but i wont force myself to stay in an unhealthy relationship either. Please, advice anyone?!?

I don't understand why his cousin didn't extend the invitation to you as well? Or why your boyfriend didn't say to her, "I'm bringing my girlfriend." That's just weird...And, your bestfriend was there, but you weren't??? sorry, I really find that ODD. What is with his cousin?

Talk to him about what you've found out and how it's upset you, made you feel doubtful of him.

He didn't invite you because he wanted to chew tobacco and get drunk, both of which I interpreted from your post to be things you don't approve of. It sounds like he's telling you one thing to keep you happy and doing another. It's time to have a talk with him about what you need out of the relationship, but also time for him to be real about what he needs.

• Author

Im waiting for him to get home and call me. Im nervous as hell because i dont know what im going to say to him. I dont want to hurt him. But at the same time he has hurt me by lying and i want him to understand that. thank you both for your help ^_^

-cc-