Emotional connection and drama?

Tanaquil

About a week ago, I was just talking to my bf and he asked if there were any issues etc that I wanted to talk about because he's noticed that there's a kind of pattern to when I start bringing up issues that I see and he thought it was getting to about that time.:laugh: Kind of suprised me but thinking back I had to agree and it got me thinking.

I know that when we get into deeper discusions and such that I feel much more of an emotional bond with him which I find to be a necessity in our relationship for me. When I notice that I'm starting to feel a little more distant or something, then I think any insecurities that I have start coming out and result in me dwelling on things that wouldn't bother me otherwise.

Now, realistically, I generally don't do drama, but I wonder if maybe I'm not creating it to some degree every so often to rebuild the emotional connection in our relationship.

Anyone else ever found themselves doing this?

About a week ago, I was just talking to my bf and he asked if there were any issues etc that I wanted to talk about because he's noticed that there's a kind of pattern to when I start bringing up issues that I see and he thought it was getting to about that time.

That's awesome! Nothing wrong with a little check-in!

Now, realistically, I generally don't do drama, but I wonder if maybe I'm not creating it to some degree every so often to rebuild the emotional connection in our relationship.

As long as you aren't inventing issues or blowing them out of proportion, I don't think that there's anything wrong with it. If you find it to be a necessity, then it is, and he's a very smart man to have figured it out!

• Author
That's awesome! Nothing wrong with a little check-in!

As long as you aren't inventing issues or blowing them out of proportion, I don't think that there's anything wrong with it. If you find it to be a necessity, then it is, and he's a very smart man to have figured it out!

Oh, he is. :) I think that most of the things that I bring up are relevant issues and on the few occasions where I am blowing things out of proportion I'm willing to admit it and tell him that I'm mostly just blowing off steam and he can feel free to ignore me.:p