Dating a guy who is horrible with finances

So my boyfriend and i have been seeing eachother for about four months. I've noticed that he is very bad with money. He is 28, has a 6 yr old son that lives with him. He lives with his sister and her boyfriend on their parents property. He grew up poor and has a decent job now but taking care of his son is expensive I know. He normally pays for dates when we go out or we split the cost.

I've treated him and his son too but it is expensive for me as well. I don't mind paying for myself alot because I have a good job. But I have a house payment, car payment and bills while he only pays for his insurance and his truck. He doesn't pay any household bills. So he should actually have a lot more money than I do. I have over $10,000 saved in the bank. He doesnt' have five dollars saved. He literally lives paycheck to paycheck. My parents used to do this so I know what its like.

But he will get his check on saturday and by wed or thursday he literally has NO money left for anything. We went to a movie and dinner this weekend (he just got paid on saturday) and he paid for the movie for all of us, I bought the snacks and we went to TGI Fridays for dinner (he asked his son where he wanted to go and thats what he picked).

I said I'd pay for my own dinner. Well my boyfriend ordered a dinner that was about $12.99. His son ordered TWO entres off the kids menu. the way their kids menu works is you pick an entree, a side and a drink and it is one price say $4. Well he wanted two entrees and NO sides and one drink but basically the way they charge they had to charge him for two kids meals because there was no way to substitute it.

They didnt' explain that to him but if you look at the menu it clearly explains what comes with a kid's meal. Well when the bill came it was about $25 (for their part) and my boyfriend flipped out on the server. He kept complaining how expensive it was and how he'd never eat there again. I was so embarrased. He then kept telling me the whole way home that he wouldnt' be able to buy his stuff for lunch for the week (he buys lunch meat, buns and chips to take to work for the week) because he spent ALL his money on the dinner. (remember I paid for my own dinner so he was only paying for his adn his son's)

I mean he was upset about it the rest of the night talking about how he's broke now. I know he can read! He's the one who ordered what he did and let his son order whatever he wanted. He got mad because it was almost eight dollars for what his son ordered. (a hot dog and macarani and cheese) but the thing is those are both entrees so it was like ordering two whole kids meals even though his son CHOSE not to get a side order that came with both meals. It just worries me that someone who actually works for a living can be broke for the entire week after spending $25 on a meal. I'm even thinking of breaking up with him because this scares me. Is there anything I can do to help him?

So my boyfriend and i have been seeing eachother for about four months. I've noticed that he is very bad with money. He is 28, has a 6 yr old son that lives with him. He lives with his sister and her boyfriend on their parents property. He grew up poor and has a decent job now but taking care of his son is expensive I know. He normally pays for dates when we go out or we split the cost.

I've treated him and his son too but it is expensive for me as well. I don't mind paying for myself alot because I have a good job. But I have a house payment, car payment and bills while he only pays for his insurance and his truck. He doesn't pay any household bills. So he should actually have a lot more money than I do. I have over $10,000 saved in the bank. He doesnt' have five dollars saved. He literally lives paycheck to paycheck. My parents used to do this so I know what its like.

But he will get his check on saturday and by wed or thursday he literally has NO money left for anything. We went to a movie and dinner this weekend (he just got paid on saturday) and he paid for the movie for all of us, I bought the snacks and we went to TGI Fridays for dinner (he asked his son where he wanted to go and thats what he picked).

I said I'd pay for my own dinner. Well my boyfriend ordered a dinner that was about $12.99. His son ordered TWO entres off the kids menu. the way their kids menu works is you pick an entree, a side and a drink and it is one price say $4. Well he wanted two entrees and NO sides and one drink but basically the way they charge they had to charge him for two kids meals because there was no way to substitute it.

They didnt' explain that to him but if you look at the menu it clearly explains what comes with a kid's meal. Well when the bill came it was about $25 (for their part) and my boyfriend flipped out on the server. He kept complaining how expensive it was and how he'd never eat there again. I was so embarrased. He then kept telling me the whole way home that he wouldnt' be able to buy his stuff for lunch for the week (he buys lunch meat, buns and chips to take to work for the week) because he spent ALL his money on the dinner. (remember I paid for my own dinner so he was only paying for his adn his son's)

I mean he was upset about it the rest of the night talking about how he's broke now. I know he can read! He's the one who ordered what he did and let his son order whatever he wanted. He got mad because it was almost eight dollars for what his son ordered. (a hot dog and macarani and cheese) but the thing is those are both entrees so it was like ordering two whole kids meals even though his son CHOSE not to get a side order that came with both meals. It just worries me that someone who actually works for a living can be broke for the entire week after spending $25 on a meal. I'm even thinking of breaking up with him because this scares me. Is there anything I can do to help him?

HA!Okay, I know this is your serious situation but honestly-- this is ridiculous! Are you in love with this guy? I mean-- you'd have to be in order to put up with him.I hate to start labelling him but doesn't he appear to be a bit of an idiot-- I mean-- at least the way you described him! He also seems to be a bit of a bum-- living with his sister-- on his parents property-- and just how poor did you grow up if your parents' have property to let you MOOCH off??? Obviously this guy needs to grow up! No question. Are you going to be the one to 'show him the way'? Do you want to be?Are you going to give him money counselling sessions... tell him to pick up random books from Barnes and Noble and what not about making a budget, getting out of debt, how not to live paycheck to paycheck???? I can tell you right now-- I sure as heck wouldn't do such a thing-- UNLESS I was DEEPLY in love with the guy-- And hmmm I could't fall in love with a guy I considered a bum... but that is just me. Financial insolvency is a big turn off for me.How do you have fun with an idiot bum anyway? Sounds like the question for a Question/Answer joke... what is the answer...