caught in the middle of 2 friends

happymadison

heres the deal. I have a longtime male friend who began seeing this woman--40ish with a kid. i went to visit him and met her, we went mountian climbing, etc. i established a plutonic friendship with the woman.

afterwards, she began emailing me a lot--i never initaiated this and as most of you know guys dont usually discuss relationships with each other---just the results, not a lot of details.

so she mails me off and on for that past few months--tells me about her high pressure job, asks legal advice sometimes (i'm a lawyer), i am emailing both of them from time to time. this woman travels a lot and waits around airports, so emails a lot to pass the time. my buddy is an eye dr..not a lot of time to mail and very succinct when he does so.

so their realtionship is tumultuous to say the last. buddy been married once--10 year divorce proceddings. the woman has been married 4 times, and wants to do it again. the buddy likes her but it has to be a long term deal before he will even think of marrriage.

so this woman is giving me more details about her realtionship than i really want to know--i am feeling likeone of her GFs or something, but i guess i;m a good listener due to my job.

so the other day she emails me and accuses me of blind mailing her mails to me to my buddy. she claims that she sent something to me, and did a "link query" check, whatever the hell that is, and it came back with mine and my buddys email addresses. no she is emotional because they are breaking up, etc, drama ad nasuem, etc...... so she gets in a screaming match with my buddy and accuses him of us two reading her mails and somehow using them to hi advantage??? WTH?? now her computer is on a corporate account, so anyone with any sense can tell its full of company spyware. but i dont see how she can think her puter can tell what i am sending.

anyway, this tees me off to no end, i mail and let her have it..she has placed me in the position of losing 2 friends, her and my buddy. i was only lending an emphathetic ear, which is probably a mistake. i have absolutely no interest in this woman--a 4 time loser in marriage with a very slow learning curve obviously.

. then she mails back and apologizes. now i dont feel comfortable talking to her anymore and just want to dump her and just hope my friend does also. but if he doesnt, we always go offshore fishing and such, and i really dont want to see her again. i really only see a downside for me in this deal...the bell of her insulting my integrity has been rung, and you cant un-ring it. so should i accept her apology, or is this just a huge deal breaker for such an insult? anxiously awaiting responces...i am not emailing her back over this weekend, even though her apology seemed genuine. let her stew in it. i shouldnt get caught in this position, but crap happens. thanks