Huge Blow OUT

A huge blow out has happened with business and friend partnership. Has had quite an effect on financial matters. It was spawned because of personal feelings on behalf of wife of H's business partner. (Previously posted about this Hyena PA control freak wife).

Which I am relieved that dealing will be minimal with her and financial matters in the coming new year :D

However the new problem or should I say "stalemate" has developed because of this blow out. One day post the blow out we recieve an email to join them

(business partner and Hyena PA wife) for a New years party at their home.

I have attempted to talk my husband into declining the invite and allow things to blow over. I cannot imagine someone inviting a person to a party after such a severe blow up as this one was. The wife did the inviting not the business partner and friend. I thougt a very polite decline and happy holiday wish would be appropriate.

Knowing her past tactics and issues I think this is another attempt to take a stab at the situation. I would prefer to avoid the confrontation. However if I do not attend and H does this will create further problems and perhaps allow a deeper wedge to be driven between H and I by the Hyena???

. I truly believe that she thinks I have stolen my Hs attention from her as a friend and fan...... I do not understand it, but I suppose it does happen?

So do I go? Should I make an issue of this and attempt to talk husband into not going?

I should mention that there has been no communication outside of an emailed invite between all parties. I cannot say the the invite is being used as an olive branch of sorts...... in my view it is more like a trojan horse.

I have posted about this group in the past.... The Kitchen Chicks ect..

I believe there is a chance I have used this blow up (I had no part of it) to excuse myself from further dealings with these people and I may not be reasonable and see my Hs point of view in wanting to go to this party. I do not see any good that could come from it, gut instinct says NO GO!

Am I being an idiot and paranoid?

a4a-now paranoid of becoming paranoid

If your husband needs to maintain a good relationship with partner and p's W in order for the business to function well, then it is in everybody's interest to put this behind them ASAP and move on. That may be why W invited you -- her H may have insisted. I think you need to do whatever your H needs you to do. And be the sweetest person in the place when you go.

• Author

Thanks for the advice Outcast. If money or business were now involved I certainly would have told myself the same thing.

There is no longer any financial ties or business ties..... finished and much relieved over that :)

I cannot help but to think the invite did not have the best of intentions, it is not business of any form as the invite suggests a sleep over ( I suppose for those that are too intoxicated).

I think there is only 2 motives for my husband to want to go..... his friendship with the Hyenas husband of 20 years or the fact that by not going she will be rubbing his name in the mud with the other guests that are attending.

I would like to just not go, however, again my husbands feelings come into play. I cannot see one bit of good that will come out of this right now.

I would certainly also imagine that she would be thrilled if I did not come along and my husband did attend.

There has been no communication since the blow up with the exception of this invite sent the next day, by the wife from her email acct.

I am just sick of the situation, the obligations of finances and business are now null and void..... I do not understand or need this sort of behavior in my life that the Hyena continues to dish out. I think now that the financial ordeal is no longer existant I may snap and tell her right off.......one can only grin for so long.

She is also the spoon licker posted about before .......so cannot stand to eat there :lmao: another reason not to go.........health concerns :laugh:

a4a