How do I make new friends?

MusicLova

You make yourself available. You offer to help a neighbor who is struggling with a task. When you are out you are open and friendly. You join a group that shares your interests. You frequent places such as parks, libraries, coffee shops, etc...… at the same time and the same day. In other words you engage with the world and whoever is in it at that moment.

What you don't do is sit in a coffee shop with your nose in the phone playing Candy Crush.

• Like 3

I think the main point in seeking new friends is do not expect things to happen overnight,

join a club and commit to going every week, it might take 4 weeks to make acquaintances, maybe three to six months to make friends,

an interesting one also might be set up a meet-up group for "people looking for friends"

lol the name might put perspective people off but it may well generate interest in that sector that are short a few friends and seeking new contacts.

• Like 2
How do I make new friends?

Go to Meetup.com in your area. There are most likely lots of different groups.

For example, in my area there are meetup groups for bar hopping, travel, 20 & 30 year olds, hiking, game night, movie & dinner and the list goes on! I'm in about eight different groups, I generally go to three of them most often and have made real friends with three people who I go out with outside the group.

Good luck!