LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

What does my guy friend mean

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2019, 2:35 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo54 View Post
I'm not interested in that way but I don't want to hurt my friends feelings
So how many of your other friends freaked out because you left your phone at home. Did your family leave you crazy long winded messages like that? I'm guessing this guy is the only one who sent you creepy messages just because you were unavailable for a few hours.

And on top of everything you're in a relationship and he knows it? I'll tell you what. If my boyfriend recieved a message like that from a female "friend" I'd be telling him to get rid of her asap

This guy's insecurity is not your problem or your fault. His message was creepy and manipulative. You only met him a few weeks ago. Get rid of him.
anika99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2019, 3:55 AM   #17

I would suggest you tell him to get help and if he refuses, cut off contact right there. If he's not willing to go through the steps to get better, then he's going to be very toxic to deal with and it'll extremely draining for you to deal with. His refusal to get help (and I won't be surprised if he does other stuff similar to this in the future) is not beneficial for you or for him.

Some people develop an unhealthy infatuation because they found someone that was willing to listen to them and they take that as believing that the friend is 'the one'. But bear in mind not everyone is like this so take that with a grain of salt.

Also you have a partner and if your guy friend is saying that without caring about your relationship, what does that imply about his future actions? Is he going to keep writing these things with no regard for aspects of your life?

Last edited by El An; 13th April 2019 at 4:16 AM..
El An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2019, 3:36 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo54 View Post
I have a new guy friend that I have been talking to for a few weeks and I had to go out and left my phone at home he then sent me this after I didn't reply
https://m.imgur.com/CT9iz31
Thanks for any replies
I think he might've gotten too attached too quickly and... yeah, run.
brokenblade is offline   Reply With Quote