Is he a fake friend?

Hi!

I've known my friend for a couple of years now. Usually when we say tomorrow we go out, then we go out tomorrow.

This time I feel that he's not serious. We agreed to do something today but he has not said anything so I guess the plans got canceled.

This is not the first time were we had to cancel. The other day we said that we were going to a center and just chill there. walk around maybe hit on some girls... ya know guys stuff. That didn't happened because he didn't answer me on social media and the next day he said that he was busy.

That's why I think he's a fake friend or that he just don't want to be friends with me. Like why do you agree to go out and then say nothing when the day has come?

Like yes I understand he has two jobs and are busy, but he even said that he's free on the evenings after 6pm.

So it's just better that we don't hang out then if he's like that.. or what do you readers think?

I'm assuming he probably has other friends and family he spends time with, so chances are that's the reason. He's busy and you know this, so please don't take it personally that he isn't spending all his free time with you.

Maybe atm he has all intentions to go out with you, but maybe some extra work comes up and makes him busy or a girl wants to do something and he takes up girls offer over guys, idk. Maybe he is not feeling well and why he cancels, how about actually calling his cell phone over contacting via social media. Or you could make a definite plan and then off to pick him up, maybe see if treating from time to time makes him show up more. I have a gf that will always go out if you pick her up or pay, lol.

.. or what do you readers think?
I think...why don't you speak with him, and ask him to let you know ahead of time -- or as soon as possible as he knows -- when he will have to cancel or postpone getting together with you,

whether for work or personal or family obligations.

You are right that just because he is a busy person does not mean that he should not also be courteous and polite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi!

I don’t know why but I feel that [this person] is a fake friend. I’ve known him for a couple of years and we have become good friends. Of course we had some arguments/fights here and there but that’s just normal.

I invited him to my party on new years eve since I’m hosting. He didn’t say much expect a «yes» which turned out was a lie.

I asked him why he avoids my conversation everytime I talk about the party. He then gave me more answer.

He said this «I don’t see any point on inviting my friend because I fear that the people that are coming to your party will leave. If you’re party is good maybe they stay but don’t expect anything bro. So I can’t help you. I want to come but [another friend] also asked me and since you don’t get along with him It’s no good idea to come to he’s party too. And everytime [he] host a party it’s good»

The last word he said was «my suggestion is bring those people to Joe’s party. ONLY if you get permission. I can ask him»

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Merged similar content and removed apparent real names.