Why doesnt he pay attention?

natashalove

natashalove

We are good friends and him and I were going out as he was taking me to watch a show. Hes affectionate so he always gives hugs and touches me by the shoulder and will even give pecks on forehead/cheeks but he is like this to every girl. He jokes and teases me and others. He even holds our bags and if some girl is sad, he will do his best to cheer her up.

Anyway, I noticed that before we were leaving, I was talking a lot to our other male friends (we have a group of mutual friends) and he was basically not paying attention to anything I was saying. He just stood there , immersed in his own thoughts, looking here and there and then started talking to other guys and helping a guy fix his bike.

Then as we left, he began talking on phone and though we had a good time and had dinner with our friends at his house.

But why doesnt he pay much attention ? I mean I wanted him to look at me and take interest in my behaviours but he doesnt do that seriously. Why?

PS Hes not shy with any of us girls. But with his ex gf he was shy before they dated and was always unlike his boisterous self. Reserved and guarded.

He definitely sounds bored and has put you in the friend zone with the rest of the girls. He does sound like a nice guy though.

• Author
natashalove
He definitely sounds bored and has put you in the friend zone with the rest of the girls. He does sound like a nice guy though.

But if hes put me in the friendzone then why taking me out and touching me or the others?

I do admit hes an affectionate guy in general

Maybe he just likes touching females. The point is he's doing the same thing to all of you which says he's treating you all the same. No one seems special to him.

CautiouslyOptimistic
But if hes put me in the friendzone then why taking me out and touching me or the others?

I do admit hes an affectionate guy in general

You answered your own question.

• Author
natashalove
Maybe he just likes touching females. The point is he's doing the same thing to all of you which says he's treating you all the same. No one seems special to him.

Well he came to meet 2 of my other close friends on sunday and one of them gave him a hug when he was talking about how much his rent costs and hes having a hard time but nothing of those affect him. He also sat down and cheered 1 of our mutual friends when she was upset and crying and was giving her a hug 2-3 times so yeah

He's not your boyfriend. He's just a friend who has learned to be sweet to women. He might even turn out to be gay, though if he was, he'd probably have perked up when the other guys were around. But mainly, he is just a nice guy who isn't interested in your romantically but likes women as friends, like some gay guys do. You need to stop thinking you're going to couple up with him. He does this with everyone and was helping those guys fix a bike. He's a nice guy who doesn't deserve to get a rash of criticism for not treating you like the girlfriend you aren't.

He is an unusual type, and unusual types, even super nice ones, will have a narrow field of partners they really click with romantically. The more specialized, the fewer the matches. So he's waiting for the one, whether they are female or male or either.

Edited by preraph