Trust issues

I just want to clarify that I am a male and the person I am discussing is female.

I have been friends with this person ever since I was 2 years old. I'm fourteen now and she is fifteen. She has always been my best friend until around half a year ago. Me, one of my other friends, her, and one of her friends all went to a labor day stay-away-camp thing together. I have no idea why she became this way, but she and her friend started teasing me and my friend because we were a few months younger. Me and my friend were getting tired of this so I insulted her swimsuit as a joke. This was probably what caused everything. At the time my friend had an ear infection and had wax to put in his ears. She stole his wax, molded it into a penis and put it on our cabin door. This entire part is a plausible explanation for what happened next.

Me, her, and the same friends show up at a house party. I trusted her so I told her a secret that i'd rather not share. She said she wouldn't tell anyone, naturally because it was a terrible secret. After the party she told all her friends and her mom.

The only other plausible reason for this is that she told me her mom likes me more than she likes her.

I have no idea what went wrong.

Very few young teenaged girls can keep a secret. Especially if there are already trust & jealousy issues, your friend was a lousy confidant.

Somewhere she's getting pressure from a lot of places. Her parents probably think you are a nice boy. They may say things about you in a misguided effort to change their daughter's behavior, e.g. "Why can't you be more like Brokster?" That probably makes her feel bad about her grades or whatever her parents are talking about.

At 14, because you & she had enjoyed a long term friendship she was probably getting teased about whether you were her BF. Nobody has the maturity or grace to handle stuff like that as hormones start raging through your bodies. She screwed up & betrayed you.

If you can find it in your heart try to find a quiet place where you can talk to her alone outside of school to see if the two of you can clear the air.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank's for the suggestion. I'll try to get on that if I can. The problem is that as of now my parents don't want me talking to her anymore. I'll likely find a way around that though. :rolleyes: This helped, thanks.

Thank's for the suggestion. I'll try to get on that if I can. The problem is that as of now my parents don't want me talking to her anymore. I'll likely find a way around that though. :rolleyes: This helped, thanks.

Wait a minute. Your parents are right there & they know both of you. If they think it's best that you stay completely away from her, that may be best. Before you reach out to her, run this plan by your parents. If you get their approval, proceed. If you don't, gut give up on her.

• Like 1

I guess that secret was something the parents disapproved of, so considering the relationship was on the rocks anyway, and now her parents disapprove of you because of the secret, probably just let it drop.

a friend betraying somebody is not a friend, they are gossips, and this is not age-related and innocent in any way, she will always be a gossip, she just started young

you do not have trust issues, you have a red flag, if anything, the event was something to learn from

Edited by darkmoon

It's true though that you cannot trust teenagers to keep a secret, especially girl ones because they tell their friends everything.