LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Why ex friends let me know they're getting married?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2018, 7:29 AM   #1
Established Member

Why ex friends let me know they're getting married?

I have a few female friends that I practically never get to see. Maybe once a year, maybe once every few years. I want to see them, but they never find time. So, I let go of such friendships.

But still, from time to time, they report to me what is going on with them. I don't see why they do that?

Why do they think I even want to know?

Like, they told me they're got engaged. I'm like, what do they expect from me? Since they obviously don't care much about me.
ohso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 8:44 AM   #2
Established Member

Maybe they are so happy they want to let everyone know. Don't take it personally just be happy for them.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 8:46 AM   #3
Established Member

They don't know they are EX friends. They think you are someone who is too busy to bother with them but they want to share their happy news.

Just smile. Congratulate them & carry on with your life. Why is that so hard?
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 6:34 PM   #4
Established Member

I agree that they may not know they are Ex-friends.

I've got two dear friends who live in my city but we don't get to see or talk to each other often because our calendars are so often in conflict...and life and family commitments etc etc. But it doesn't mean that we don't care about each other.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 11:10 PM   #5

Agreed. People can get wrapped up in their busyness & not even realize that they've drifted apart from someone or hurt their feelings.
bb444 is offline   Reply With Quote