A reason to be annoyed?

whattodo77

I dont know if i am being overly sensitive here. But I have a friend of mine that recently went away on vacation and for the time she went away she blocked me on all messaging apps. I was suprised. When she came back she unblocked me. I asked her why she did that when she came back and she said she wanted to "switch off" while she was away, which is totally ok with me but blocking??

My other thought was, is she is cheating on her husband, well she is chasing another man at work, and i know about this situation, i would never say anything to her husband, so maybe she was paranoid or something and that was the real reason for blocking me as she was on family vacation with the husband and children.

Am i being to sensitive that she blocked me or should i be looking at dropping it and not letting it bother me or should i move on from this friendship?

I am female by the way!

It's quite common for people to want to "unplug" while they're on vacation and not be dragged back to the real world. That's why they go on vacation, not to continue their same drab routine. No reason to think she's doing anything bad. She is probably tired of having people she has to keep up with.

• Like 1

Yes, you are being too sensitive. She unblocked you right after coming back right? If you are okay with her "switching off," then it should not really make a difference to you since you would be disconnected from her either way. It does make a difference to the person doing the blocking, though, as it is easy to get distracted by other social venues.

• Like 1

tbh, I'd feel offended too.

How often do you text usually? Maybe she thinks you're too clingy, but doesn't have the courage to tell you.

Switching off your phone for a week isn't the same as blocking you...did she also block other people or only you?