My friend doesn't listen to me?

skaterchick

I have a guy friend whom I hang out with every week. I enjoy hanging out with him and he is a good friend. However, he always wants to take me out to camping/boating/long road trips and other events I don't feel like going to. I work 2 jobs so I don't have time or am usually too tired to go. But he keeps insisting that I go even when I can't or don't want to. I am starting to get very annoyed by him. He can be very pushy and overbearing sometimes.

And to add to the problem, he also happens to have feelings for me. He has admitted it to me and he is always being affectionate with me (hugging me, holding my hand etc.) He even kissed me once. I don't mind hugging and all if it's in a friendly way. But I have a boyfriend (it's a long distance relationship) so I don't want to be doing it if it's more than friends. And I definitely do not want to be kissing other guys. I told him I don't feel the same way and only like him as a friend. He always says okay he understands but he continues his behavior. And he gets sad if I say I am upset with him and he says he doesn't want to lose me as a friend.

We are close friends and I care about him as a friend but I don't know how I can continue this friendship unless he changes. And I don't know if he will. I really don't know what to do.

The problem here is that you're not truly close friends. Sure, you see him as a friend, but to him, you're a potential love interest. Hugging him - even as a friend - will only serve to fuel his fire for you.

Unfortunately, he can't turn off his feelings for you if you're still hanging out together. I think it's time to cut the string. It will give you the space you need and give him the space to get over his feelings for you.

Yeah, he's not your friend. He's just pretending to be friends so you'll let him keep hanging around hitting on you. At this point, he's trying to force you into dating him and making it look like you're his girlfriend to himself and others. He will mess up your other relationship(s) by doing this type thing and he isn't respectful if he keeps trying it, so I don't see this friendship lasting unless he gets interested in another woman, if then. So if I were you, I'd introduce him to every woman you know in hopes he'll get off you.

• Like 1