Reconciling with a friend

Several years ago, I had a bad falling out with a guy friend (more of acquaintance) of mine, which resulted in us not talking for years. I was having a bad day at work a couple months ago and decided to reach out. We now chat every couple weeks or so, but it wasn't until recently that we got the opportunity to actually see each other in person again.

When we met up, the chemistry was instant and we ended up chatting for hours, mainly about our jobs, futures aspirations, etc. Needless to say, we both agreed that we had a great time. This was a complete 180 from the past. Am I over analyzing it to question why the drastic change in behavior? It's like, "why are you being so nice?" How can distance/time make you go from basically enemies to acting to bffs?

hello there belle23,

who knows the real reasons, not knowing why you fell out etc... but maybe you both have grown as people more or changed for the better since then???

you were mates before and the things you liked maybe still valid for you so you got on.

if you like this persons company then maybe there is no harm here, it doesnt hurt to be mildly cautious of course as has been suggested in a reply, but if it were me at this early stage i wouldn't go looking for problems if there arent there at present;

if they come later on then of course deal with them, but the thing is you are talking and that must feel good or you wouldnt have written in.

i suppose it depends on why you didnt speak for so long? if it was a trivial thing then thats sad and what a loss of time!!! but either way, its not the issue for me that you stopped talking - you are now, so maybe enjoy it whilst its good.

i wonder who fell out??(agfain another question that isnt really part of my reply)! but its interesting that you reached out to him after a bad day. ...but look, im not gunna knock you down for that now - you are talking and you seem to enjoy that and thats got to be a good thing isnt it?

maybe if you talk more you may fall out but not get to the point of such emotional distance, a lot of the times these things are not worth the energy and time with all the negativity that can go with it.

if only people talked more, they could move on if it doesnt work in an amicable way.

it sounds like good news so thats great to hear. one of the problems with falling out is that people can forget the good things and decent things about what made people freinds in the first place, it doesnt apply to all of course, but at least you have a resolution.

good wishes (im all for talking) as im sure you've figured by now.:laugh:

see ya, maxi.