Different types of friends

Recently, I spent a significant amount of time with a friend of mine and discovered a few personality traits about her that I don't like. Things that really irritated me. In the past, I would have started distancing myself from her and maybe considered ending the friendship (although the issues are fairly minor).

However, as I've gotten older I've realized how rare it is to like every little thing about a person. I've come to conclusion that some friends are great in certain situations and not in others. For example, this particular friend is a kind person and a good listener. She is someone i would go to for advice. However, she's not someone who I would go to for a fun night out.

Do u have friends for different situations? Like a friend that u go to to vent, someone else u turn to when u want to go out for a drink, etc...

todreaminblue

i have friends that are different but i would spend time with them in all sorts of situations or activities....the only thing is with having different friends is not all of them would gel together or feel comfortable........but one common thread to all my friends is that they accept peopel for who they are anyway even if they dont spend time enjoying or doing what they do......and if they dont accept differences...they arent really my friend at all.because that is really important to me....

....i prefer to keep a little distant when it comes to closeness..my friends can rely on me to be there for them...but i dont expect the same back.......when i share things about me...i always feel like i shouldnt....this i am trying to get over...and its hard.......deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 1
whichwayisup
Recently, I spent a significant amount of time with a friend of mine and discovered a few personality traits about her that I don't like. Things that really irritated me. In the past, I would have started distancing myself from her and maybe considered ending the friendship (although the issues are fairly minor).

However, as I've gotten older I've realized how rare it is to like every little thing about a person. I've come to conclusion that some friends are great in certain situations and not in others. For example, this particular friend is a kind person and a good listener. She is someone i would go to for advice. However, she's not someone who I would go to for a fun night out.

Do u have friends for different situations? Like a friend that u go to to vent, someone else u turn to when u want to go out for a drink, etc...

Got to accept your friends flaws, nobody is perfect.

I value my friends that I can go to, rely on, talk to about my stuff more than a 'fun friend' who just wants to go out for a fun night.

• Like 1

maybe those are not your friends but people you can kick it with

on some things?

i think if its friends or real friends like no one they not perfect but still you can do everything with them generally/.

but maybe you just go easier to the one then the other in some situations.

if its just someone you go to for the goods they have , that may be you just using the person for your needs./for what you can get out of them.

• Like 1