He loved her but she doesn't love him?

natashalove

I am best friends with a guy since the last 5 years. His name is Ben. We were a group of 5 people and he was closest to me and another close friend of ours named Jessie.

Ben and I liked to have fun, do dumb stuff, we would smoke, go to clubs, swear, play video games and do activities which were mostly light hearted and fun and because of this, we got into a lot of trouble at times. He is a lot like me so we had great times together but we also had the most amount of arguments because of the excessive similarity in our personalities.

But even though he was more closer to me, he had a special affection for Jessie tho she was quite different from him. Jessie was and is really mature since the start, she was very friendly, warm and welcoming and very understanding, basically a very nice person. i noticed some strange things like he would always stare at her with a lot of fond, say I love you a lot, once we had joked around with dolls and he used his doll to kiss Jessie’s doll. he would even sit very closely with her. And would always be in awe of her actions and personality. And he trusted her a lot, he hates liars and if he would find out that somebody lied to him, he wouldn't like it all , would probably get upset and Jessie was the only exception to this rule.

And once at a party, where our group was called up on stage, she was the first person he hugged. He didn't hug any of us, it was just her.

Last year he wrote a poem about how he loved someone and how they messed around and found what they wanted yet he knows that she can never be his.

He had relationships with other women in between this entire period and hooked up with many girls.

Jessie loves him as a friend but has always looked uncomfortable with the PDA and she has never been caught staring at him or such, though she has always praised him highly and considers him her bestie.

What is this? does he love her? and does that poem indicate she doesn't love him romantically and he is lovesick?

Natasha, he's not your best friend - best friends confide in each other about this stuff. You're a mate who he does dumb stuff with.

He may or may not love her - but unless he confides in you, it's none of your business.